Chapter 5

Picture : Mady

*****

Chapter 5

“You not serious are you?” I chuckled.

“I am,” she said seriously staring directly into my eyes.

I shook my head, “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“Why, not?” she pouted her lips.

“What would your parents say or think if I took you out on a date?” I said to her.

“They won’t say anything. I’m big enough to date anyone I like,” she shrugged.

“But I’m too old for you,” I tried to reason out with her.

“What wrong with that? I don’t mind dating older man,” she said.

“But,” I staggered, “I do mind. I don’t date young girls,” I straight forwardly tell her.

“If you give me a chance you will see that I’m not as young as you think. 17 is just a number and I’m much more mature than Mady, I can ensure you that,” she proudly said.

“I’m very sure you are but I still have to think about what your parents would think. I don’t want them to think that I’m taking advantage towards you,” I said to her. I could see tears started to form in her eyes. Obviously I have hurt her feeling and she feeling rejected by me.

I hold her hand and tilted her chin making her look at me, “If I was younger, I would definitely date you and want you to be my girlfriend. You are fun to be with. You are young and beautiful and I’m very sure guys around your age eager to be your boyfriend,” I sincerely said to her.

“So you don’t really like me?” she asked.

I playfully hit her head, “What a stupid question! Of course I like you, but just as a sister. I don’t have one and I will be honored with you threat me like your brother.”

She sighed and pouted her lips, “So I don’t have the chance to be with you?”

“As I said, you can be my sister, anytime,” I smiled.

“You not going to regret with your answer?” she bite her lips making sad face.

“I don’t think so. I think I will respected by the world if I take you as my sister than my girlfriend. I think you will feel the same too,” I coaxed smiling sweetly at her.

She looked at me and bit her lips, “I guess I have to accept that but if you ever chance your mind about me,” she tried again.

I chuckled, “I’ll definitely let you know but at the moment let settled as friends and sister,” I suggested again.

She heaved heavily before responded, “Alright. I guess I have to settle for that.”

“Great,” I hugged and kissed her on the forehead, “Whatever our bet still on. I’ll take you out but as my sister, if you win.” She smiled happily and I added, “But if you lose, you have to treat me the best ice cream in this town.”

She giggled and accepted my offer without hesitation. Phew!

We played the game until midnight and I’ve won the game over and over again but Lily did not look disapointed maybe because whether she win or lose, she still got a chance to go out with me.

***

I went the gym the next morning and as expected I found Mady there, walking on the treadmill looking so sexy in her tank top and sweat pants with a hair tied in a loose ponytail.  She didn’t hear me coming maybe because she had her earpiece plug-in her ears.