Chapter 37

Chapter 37 

Rick  

I was dreading to go home to face my family. They have asked me to come home for dinner tonight. I have managed to get away from them by going back directly to my apartment and the next morning I report for work. I only faced dad and grandpa in the office but good thing both of them never bring any family matters to office. They always act professionally, never add family or personal problem with business.  

I know once I'm home, mum would start talking about what happen. They definitely wanted to know what actually happen and I don't feel like talking about it. I feel so hurt.  

Coming home has not helped at all. I feel so lonely. I never felt this lonely. I missed Brianna terribly. At least back in London even though I didn't see her, I could still feel her around. I could feel her moving around her room and I could smell her especially when I'm in the bathroom. Her scent is so strong there and being there at least made me feel as if she's with me even though she's actually not.  

I reached home late, giving reason to mum that I have a few things to complete before heading home. As I entered the house, I could hear their soft conversation which indicates that they have started dinner without me. I smile and went straight to the dining room.  

"Sorry everyone for being la........." I apologized but stop half way when I saw someone else was in the room. From behind and her scent, I could recognize her everywhere. Is she really here or my eyes playing tricks on me? 

I froze when she turned and looked at me. Our eyes locked and I wanted to run and pull her into a tight hug never letting her go. God, I wanted to kiss her senseless and I could feel Brianna felt the same way by the way she's staring at me but something stop both of us for different reason; she because my family is around (I'm very sure about that) and for me because I still remember what happened between us.  

She nervously smile at me but I didn't returned her smile but continue to stare at her wondering what she's doing here at my family home.  

I looked at away from her and walked towards my mum who's grinning at me kissing her on the cheek.  

"I'm sorry for being late," I said again looking at everyone except Brianna.  

"It's ok. Have a seat and join us," said grandpa gesturing me a seat facing her, "Sorry we didn't wait for you because Brianna was hungry. She didn't tell us but her stomach did," he chuckled making everyone laughed except me. I managed to maintain a straight face not even glancing at her.  

'I'm sure you realize Brianna's here," said grandpa as I scooped some coleslaw into my plate. Maybe grandpa realized that I did not cast any look towards Brianna at all. 

"Yes of course," I nodded my head and glance at her. 

"Don't you have anything to say to her?" asked grandpa. 

"Welcome," I bluntly said while she just cast me a nervous smile. 

"It's that all?" he asked again. 

"How are you?" I asked her. 

"I'm fine, thank you," she replied softly.  

"I let her use your old room, I hope you don't mind," informed mum. 

"No problem," I shrugged, "I'm not going to use the room anyway." 

"Why don't you eat up? I think both of you need to sort some things out," said grandpa straight to the point, grinning at both me and Brianna. Brianna blushed but smile sweetly at him. Damn, she looked so beautiful when she smile like that.  

Once we finished our dinner, grandpa immediately asked me and Brianna to go to the study's room. "Go and sort thing out immediately," he said and he ushered us into the room. Brianna continued blushing while I remained straight face.  

We both were speechless when we were alone in the room. I don't know what to say to her. Her coming here really shocked me. I was caught off-guard and I didn't prepare anything to say to her. I looked at Brianna and she looked nervous. She looked cute when she's nervous, something new to me. I've never seen her being so nervous before. Maybe she scared of what I'm going to say to her. Maybe she scared that I'm going to reject her? I have no idea what to do with her yet. Am I going to accept her or am I going to reject her. I could felt my heart broken to piece just thinking about rejecting her. Obviously, my heart still wanted and needed her.  

We've been quiet for more that a few minute. I could see that she's not going to start talking. Maybe still trying to find words to say to me? I decided to ease her nervousness and start the conversation.  

"How was your trip here?" I asked her.  

"It was ok," she answered softly. "How are you?" she asked. 

"I'm surviving," I mocked. She bites her lips but give me a smiled. "I think we better go straight to the point," I said to her, "What are you doing here?" 

"To get you back," she responded.  

"Just like that?" I questioned. "Is it that easy? 

"I was hoping it just like that but I do expect it won't be that easy after what I've done to you," she said softly looking down at her fingers. 

"Why the sudden change of mind? Lily has accepted our relationship?" I asked.  

She shook her head, "I don't know whether she has accepted it or not, I didn't have the time to ask her that. I came immediately after I realized, I love you and I don't want to lose you."  

I was rejoiced with her words but managed to maintained straight face. "Don't you worry that she might try to kill herself again if we're together?" I reminded her.  

"I have my family support on my decisions; I don't think I should worry about that. I'm very sure that if anything happen to her again, I won't feel responsible. She has to learn to accept. If she still can't, well that's her loss," she replied. Her reply made me feel proud of her. I wanted to hug her and kiss senseless but stop myself.  

"Isn't it good that you think like that before you make such a drastic decision to break off with me?" I bluntly asked her.  

"I'm sorry for making such a foolish decision. I realized it now," she said looking straight at me.  

"I've waited for a week for you to come to your senses. Don't you think it's too late now?" I asked her again.  

"I know I've ignored you for a week but can't you at find a small part n your heart to forgive me? She said softly.  

"It's not that easy," I said to her, "I'm hurt. I'm so badly hurt by your action." 

"I'm so sorry," she apologized and walked nearer to me. "I promised I'll never hurt you again." 

"How can I be sure of that?" I asked her. "If something like that pops up are you sure you not going to back off again?" 

"I'm sure I'm not," she looked into my eyes, "I love you so much and I don't want to lose you." 

"You've said that before," I reminded her, "But you still back off." 

"I wasn't thinking clearly at that time," she said to me.  

"And this time you have fully thought about it?" I asked? 

"Yes I did and I'm sure I'm not backing off," she stressed firmly.  

"It's hard for me to believe you," I firmly to her. 

"I'm going to prove it you that I'm true with my words," she said. 

"Really? I would love to see that," I mocked. "But I'm sorry. I think I have enough for the moment. I don't want to go through it again." I've told her. As much as I still love her, I'm not willing to let my heart hurt again. "I'm sorry that you coming here is such a waste." I said as I walked out of the room. I didn't want to wait to see her cry.