Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Good thing we managed to get Lily on time to the hospital. The doctor told us that the cut is not deep and we managed to stop her from losing the blood. She will be fine but to stay in hospital for monitoring.

“It’s my entire fault,” Brianna said for a million times. Brianna has been crying and blaming herself non-stop fro what happen to Lily. Everyone tried their best to coax her but no avail. Not even me. I felt so frustrated and disappointed with what had happen. Our good news has turned into tragedy. We were in our room when I tried again to coax her.

“It’s not your fault Brianna,” I tried to coax her, “Stop blaming yourself. She did it to herself.”

Brianna continued to cry; “She wouldn’t do it if……” she stopped half way.

“If what?!!” I hissed, “If you and I not together? If you and I don’t fall in love? Is that it? Are you regretting it?”

She immediately looked at me with teary eyes, “I didn’t mean to say that.”

“Oh, then what did mean to say?!!” I scoffed.

“I don’t know!!” she yelled at me and continued to sob, “I don’t know anymore.”

I pulled her into a hugged, “I’m sorry baby, I’m sorry I yell at you. I just don’t want to lose you,” I whispered.

Still sobbing, she told me, “I don’t want to lose you too, Rick but....."

"But what?" I looked at her in question but she looked away from me. "Brianna?" I don't know why I'm scare for what her answer would be.

She still staring at the window before saying softly almost talking to herself. "I don't think we should continue."

I couldn't believed what I've just heard, something that I'm scare she would say. "Tell me you didn't mean it," I chocked.

She turned and looked me, "I love you, Rick. I really do. I don't want lose you, but......."

"But you prefer not to lose your sister than me," I cut her off. “What are you actually suggesting?” I asked her.

She inhaled deeply before replying, “I don’t think we should continue anymore?”

I shook my head, “I’m sure there a better solution,” I said to her not giving up.

“What Rick? She’s so stubborn,” stressed Brianna, “She’ll do it again.”

“Well let’s us show her how stubborn we can be too,” I suggested.

"What's the point, Rick? What if she tried to kill herself again? What if she this time we're too late to safe her? Can we live in guilt forever?" she pointed out. “I don’t think I can, Rick. I can’t be happy when I know one of my family is not happy and killing herself because of me. I know you can either.” I just sighed without a word. Damn I hate if when she’s right.

Seeing me remained silence, Brianna continued softly and I could feel she’s feeling as depressed as I am feeling right now, “I think is best that we call off our wedding. I don’t want any of us to be unhappy, Rick.”

“Lily is right, you are not strong in fighting for our love,” I said softly not looking at her. “I should have known you would always choose your sister. Why should you fight for me, you just know me for 9 moths while you known her for nearly your whole life.”

"I never want to choose between you and Lily. When I accepted you, Rick, I was hoping and prayed everything will goes well. I never thought I would have to choose between two people that I love the most. I love you both. I don't want to lose any of you but if you were me what will you do?" she sobbed.

“I will fight for our love,” I proudly said to her.

Brianna looked down at her fingers and tears still streaming down her eyes, “I’m sorry, Rick, Yeah, Lily is right. I’m not strong. I won’t fight for our love. You don’t deserve someone like me,” she said softly and took the ring from her finger and put it in my palm, “You deserve someone better than me.” With that she got out from the room.

I didn’t run after her. It’s all over with us I sat of the edge of the bed and looked at the ring that Brianna just handled back to me. Just in a flick of a finger, our relationship is over. 

****

A/N : Hi Everyone... I know it short... I'm sorry... I will try to update next chapter soon... but after Chapter 34, I will only able to update the chapters once a week because I'm still working on the story.... please don't be angry ok... 

So as usual keep the votes and comments coming... Love you all... Muah... -Sally-