Chapter 26

Chapter 26

It has been nearly a month now and still nobody knows about Brianna and me. It has been a month too Lily has been giving Brianna and me a dirty look. Well, since that night actually. I think she must have suspected something going on between us but keep it in silence. Thank god for that.

“Hey Rick,” Lily acknowledged me when she saw me walking up the stairs as I just came home from office. I don’t have a date with Brianna tonight because she’s helping her mom with the upcoming charity dinner which will be this Saturday night but we promised to meet in my room when she’s back home as usual.

“Hey, what’s up?” I smiled at her.

“Hmm, the usual,” she sighed, “Just finished doing homework and revision. You want to go out tonight?” she asked.

“No,” I shook my head, “I’m feeling a bit tired. There’s so much work today at the office,” I made an excused not to go out with her and walked to my room.

She followed me inside my room, “Ok, maybe we could just talk,” she suggested a sat on the bed making herself comfortable as usual, “It has been so long since we spend sometimes together. You always came home late and I’m busy with my studies and all.”

I nodded my head agreeing with her. What can I say? It’s the truth. “How’s your study going on? When is your exam?” I asked her while taking off my shirt and just leave on the singlet I’m wearing inside.

“The first term exam will start before the terms end, which in two week time,” she told me, “That’s the reason why mom didn’t want to help her. She wants me to study.”

“Well, it’s for you own good,” I told her sitting on a sofa facing her.

“Everyone keeps saying the same thing,” looking fed-up.

“It’s the truth,” I pointed out.

She rolled her eyes, “Let’s not talk it,” she suggested. “So are you going to the dinner?” she asked.

I nodded my head, “Yeah, Brianna gives me her extra tickets.”

“So confirm you’re going as her date?” Lily pouted her lips looking unhappy. 

“Yep, I guess so,” I nodded my head. Lily let out a loud sighed. I looked at her and asked, “Whom are you going with?”

She pouted her lips and making a sad face, “I don’t have a date for that night.”

“Didn’t any of boys from your school ask you to be their date?” I asked instead.

“No,” she shook her head and making a sad pitiful face. “Nobody wants to be my date.”

“Are they blind of something?” I joked and she giggled, “So, how’s you’re going?” I asked her.

“I don’t think I want to go without a date. I might as well just stay home,” she shrugged, sighing loudly.

“Well, maybe if I could find someone to be your date,” I suggested to her.

“I got a better idea,” she smiled, “Why don’t you be both mine and Bree’s date?” she suggested. “I don’t think Bree mind. She will be busy anyway that day to get herself ready for the auction and I could keep you entertain.” I tried not to roll my eyes when she said that. I just smirked.

“I think we should ask Brianna first,” I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

At the same time we heard, Elisa yelled “We’re home,” with the door slammed closed, meaning they already inside the house.