Chapter 9

Picture : Keyshia

****

Chapter 9

I finally reached home and went directly to the gym. I didn’t see Madison there but Keyshia instead on the trade mill.

She turned her head when she heard the door opened and cast me a sweet smile. She has the sweetest smile. If Madison is beautiful, Keyshia is pretty and sweet. She’s friendly but not as bubbly as Lily and not as quiet as Madison, nevertheless she is fun to be with. If she isn’t married, I think she would be my first choice. As I told you before, we used to play together when we were kids and we got quite close when we were in high school but after her parents moved to London, we become apart. I think distance has pulled us apart. What do you expect when you only got to see her only during holidays and when they came for a visit? I hope she’s still the same person even though she’s married.

“Hi,” she greeted me with the same smile still on her face.

“Hi to you too,” I greeted back. “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“I came in last night during dinner, but you were out with Mady,” she said.

“Ahh,” I nodded my hand while started to lift the dumbbell, “So you spend the night here?” and she nodded, “Where’s your husband?”

“He’s still sleeping. He stayed up late watching football,” she told me. “We normally woke up early and went for a jog but I think I have to settle with just gym today.”

“Oh, you’re spending another night here?” I asked.

“Yes, I normally spend my time here during weekend. That’s the only time dad got the time to play with Jade. Besides, Bree is coming home today and I can’t wait to see her again. I kind of missed her,” she explained.

“You and Bree are close?” I queried.

“If you want to compare it to Mady, yes,” she informed, “Mady like to keep things to herself, while Bree normally come to me for advice.”

“What about Lily?” I questioned her again.

“She prefers Bree than me,” she chuckled and the smiled again, “By the way how was you date with Mady?” she asked.

“Hmm,” I hesitated to tell her for a moment but then decided, “It went well.”

She chuckled at my responded, “It doesn’t turn out as you expected. Am I right?” I didn’t answer her but blushed instead. She chuckled again, “She’s quite boring isn’t she?”

“She’s not very talkative,” I admitted making her laughed.

“Yes, she like to day dream,” she nodded her head. “So is she out of your list?”

“She definitely is because she’s already has someone,” I blurred out and when I realized what I’ve just said, “Shit,” I immediately covered my mouth.

Keyshia eyes went wide opened, obviously surprised, “Do you mean she’s with Steve?” she asked.

I bit my lips, “Please don’t tell her that I’ve told you,” I begged.

She smiled, “I’ve suspected she’s with Steve. From the way they always looked and glanced at each other.”

“Well, she admitted to me last night, that she’s in love with Steve,” I told her.

“Hmm, finally she admitted it to someone,” smirked Keyshia, “I’ve asked her once but she denied it.”

“They wanted to keep their affair a secret from everyone. They afraid they would create an office affair but I’ve told them last night, why should they afraid of that when none of them are married?” I pointed out.

“You are right,” nodded Keyshia in agreement.  “So now that leaves you with Bree, huh?” She lifted her eyebrows teasingly at me.

“Yeah, I guess. I wonder how she is like,” I wondered out loud.

“Well you have to really get to know her to find out about her. She might look arrogant and rough but she’s actually someone easy to get along with once you get to know her,” she explained. “Don’t worry, if you ever need help with her, just tell me,” she offered.

I smiled, “Is she someone like Lily? A happy go lucky person?” I asked.

“Well, she’s a happy go lucky alright but unlike Lily who are persistence and bubbly,” she informed me. “One more thing that they have in common is achieving what they wanted in life.”

“Hmm, you seems like you know all you sisters very well,” I chuckled.

“Well, I’ve been living with them for years,” she chuckled with me.

“Well, I do agree that Lily is persistence,” I chuckled.

“Hmm, she tried to make you fall for her?” she queered.

“Yes, but I’ve told her that I’m treating her like my sister. I did my best to act like one whenever I’m around her,” I told her. “She’s too young for me.”

“That girl!” she scolded, “I’ve already told her that she’s too young for you but she still wouldn’t listen!! Maybe I should talk to her again.”

“No,” I shook my head, “Just let her be. She will come to her senses. Like I’ve said, I have done my best to act like a brother whenever I’m around her. I hope that would make her realized.”

“Yeah, hopefully but knowing Lily, she will never give up,” scoffed Keyshia, “Don’t worry I’ll help you to make her realized.” I just smiled and I believe she knows what she’s doing.

We immediate changed our subject to her family and work. She’s currently working with her husband in their own Lawyer’s firm. She has stopped working for a year after their baby was born and just recently started working again. We chat nearly for nearly an hour.

“I think it’s nearly breakfast,” she said looking at her watch, “We better get going before everyone wondering where we are.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” I nodded my head in agreement and walked toward our rooms. Hers was in the same floor as her parents. “See you at breakfast,” I waved at her and she waved back smiling.

I went into my room and took off my t-shirt and put it into the laundry basket as I walked towards bathroom. I opened the door and suddenly I froze. There’s someone taking a shower.  The shower area is separated by a glass door. She didn’t realize at first but somehow or may be the sound I’ve made, make her turned her heard towards me.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH……..” she screamed and immediately covered herself.