Chapter 22

Chapter 22

“You still don’t want to tell me where you’re taking me?” asked Brianna for the fifth times since we entered the car.

“Will you be patience?” I playfully scolded her, “You will know once we reach there.”

“Are you even sure you know how to get there?” she asked again, “You not very familiar with the area.”

“I’m sure I know and we will be there soon,” I told her, “Albert has given me the directions and besides, my GPS is showing me that we are on the right track.”

“I can be a better GPS than that GPS of yours,” she muttered.

I rolled my eyes at her, “You are a very impatience woman,” I playfully scolded her again, “I think we will be there soon,” I said as I took the turning my GPS guided me, “Ah, there it is,” I pointed at her.

She looked at the rear window and gasped, “My goodness. We’re going to eat there?” she beamed.

“Yep,” I nodded, “I understand from Keyshia this is your favorite place.”

“Hah, you bet it is,” she smiled and kissed me on the cheek, “Thank you. This place is lovely.”

I smiled as I parked the car before we both got out. I walked over to Brianna who was standing beside the car grinning happily at me, “Shall we?” I asked as I extended my hand to her. She took it without hesitation and we walked into the restaurant hand in hand.

“I heard the foods here are nice,” I said as we seated on our table which I have booked earlier.

“The foods here are marvelous,” Brianna said grinning at me and smile sweetly at the waiter while taking the menu from him.

“So, what do you recommend?” I asked her.

“Well, if you like seafood, the grill prawns is lovely,” she informed me and then chuckled, “I don’t know, everything in the menu is delicious.”

“You are very bad in recommendation. I think I better ask the waiter,” I teased her. She poked her tongue at me.

We ordered our food and while waiting I asked her, “Tell me something that I don’t know about you.”

“Hmm,” she paused for a minute thinking then asked me instead, “What have you know about me?”

“Well, I know you love photography, painting, drawing and fishing is your hobby. You love to ride horses during you free time. You love to ride motorbikes than cars. You name all the stuff you play and ride. You love to play drum and you also love to cook. Hmm, let see what else?” I said her at the same time raising my eyebrows at her. She seems shock that I have known so much about her. She bite her lips as I continued, “You like to wear shorts and tops when you’re sleeping.”

She gasped, “How do you know that?” she asked.

I chuckled before replying, “Well I always see you in those in the morning, remember bathroom?” I teasing asked her. She blushed and pinched my thigh making me laughed as I grabbed her hands. Still holding her hands I looked at her, “You look beautiful when you blushed,” and kissed the back of her hands.

Instead of continued blushing, Brianna rolled her eyes instead, “Man, don’t you have other lines?” she scoffed.

“What?” I didn’t get her.

“You guys always use the same line. “You look beautiful when you blushed”, “You are so sweet” blah, blah, blah,” she mocked, “It’s always the same line and sweet talks.”

“Well that’s because we’re telling the truth,” I defend myself, “And you girls love it,” I said and she pretend to gag, “Aw, come on, admit it. You definitely wouldn’t like it if I say, you look ugly when you blushed or you have a horrible smile, don’t you?” She pretended to remain serious but at last she laughed with me.

“Yeah, I guess you are right,” she chuckled, “But please don’t use that lines too much on me. I might puke,” she told me.

“Don’t worry,” I said to her, “I only says thing that I really mean,” we both laughed again.

‘Well since you know so much about me why don’t you tell me about yourself?” she suggested.

“What have you know about me?” This time I asked her.

She chuckled, “Alright. I know you are the one child in your family, you’re 25 years old. Still singles but have a lot of girlfriends back home.” I tried to deny that statement but she stopped me, “Don’t deny it,” she said and continued, “You have blue eyes and…..”

“And gorgeous six pack manly body,” I added for her and she pretended to gag. “Hah, just admit it my dear. You wish you could run your hands on my body, am I right?” I teased her.

“Oh, please,” she snickered and pretended to gag again just in time our food came in. The waiter looked concernedly at her and she smiled, “Don’t worry I’m not gagging at the food but at him,” she pointed at me.

The waiter chuckled before placing our foods in front of us. “Enjoy you dinner,” he said to both of us before leaving.

We both thank the waiter and I looked a Brianna who’s beaming at her foods, “Shall we?” and she nodded.

We dig into our foods and she let me taste her foods and I let her taste mine. There was never a dull moment with her as we continued talking and teasing each other while eating.

“Thank you for the lovely dinner. I think you have done well on your first step to court me,” said Brianna as we walked out of the restaurant towards my car.

“Hmm, I so glad to know that,” I smiled at her while opening the car’s door for her. “So can we do this again tomorrow and day after tomorrow?” I asked as I seated in my driver’s seat.

“What would mom and dad says if we go out for dinner every night?” she said to me.

“They will be grinning ear to ear,” I chuckled.

Brianna laughed, “Yep, you probably right about that, but I don’t think I’m ready to let anyone know we’re dating except Keyshia and Albert. I want us to get to know each other first before we tell anyone anything.”

“Alright if you said so,” I shrugged, “I have no problem with that. I don’t want to rush into things either.” She smiled at my respond as I continued, “But I still want to go out with you again tomorrow.”

Brianna laughed, “Don’t tell me you’re taking me out for dinner again? That’s not the only way to court me, you know? Besides, I don’t want to grow fat by the end of your courting.”

I laughed with her, “Of course not. We could go somewhere. We could go bowling.” I asked her.

She shook her head, “I don’t know how to play bowling.”

I smiled, “Hah, that’s the other things you don’t know. No worries, I would love to teach you.”

She rolled her eyes, “I bet you do.”

We finally reached home and once out of the car, I pulled Brianna towards me making her face inches away from me.

I looked into her eyes, “I have a lovely night tonight. I enjoy every moment of it,” and when I see she’s trying to say something I stopped her, “I’m not saying this just to sweet talk you, but it the truth. I never feel this great on a date before.”

 She chuckled, “I enjoyed myself too. It’s fun to be with you.”

“I’m glad,” I smiled and kissing her cheek. Yeah, just on her cheek. I don’t want to scare her off. I need to be patience with her. I don’t want her run off again. Anyway, I have more dates with her and in time, I’ll taste those sweet lips of hers and I hope that time she too will kiss me back.