Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Brianna POV

I finally reach LA after 11 hours on the flight. It’s so tiresome. Keyshia and Albert sent me to the airport, wishing me all the best. She keeps reminding me to do all my best to get Rick’s back. She even threatened me not to come back without Rick. That’s the reason why she bought me a one way ticket. I should only come home with Rick.

I have asked Rick’s family to keep a secret from Rick about me coming to LA for him. I want to surprise him and hope when he sees me, he will be excited and willing for forgive and forget about what had happed. I’ve been practicing what to say to him and I hope when the time comes I’ll able to memorizes everything. Hope he accept me back with any hassles or problem.

I picked up my luggage and looked at unfamiliar surroundings in the airport. As I passed the immigration counter, I saw his grandpa waiting for me outside. I grinned and waived at him when he saw me, I immediately rushed towards him.

“Grandpa,” I hugged him.

“Wow it has been such a long time,” he said while hugging me tightly, “You look skinner than in that video call. Have you lost some weight?”

“No, I’m just the same,” I assured him.

“Really?” he queried as if didn’t believe me. “Rick said the same thing about himself. He just doesn’t want to admit that he lost weight this couple of weeks. You both look miserable and you need to get together asap.”

Hearing Rick’s name I couldn’t help myself from asking him, “How is he, grandpa?”

“He doesn’t look good. He started working immediately after he came home yesterday. He didn’t even want to rest,” he told me. “Let’s hope now you’re here everything will be fine.”

“I hope so too, grandpa. I don’t know whether he’ll accept me back that easily,” I said softly looking at my hands, “I think I’ve disappointed him.”

“If he loves you, which I’m very sure he does, he will forgive and accept you,” assured grandpa.

“I hope he does. I just don’t really know what to say to him,” I told him.

“Just tell him you love him. He will definitely accept that,” said his grandpa confidently.

“Well, I really hope everything will go that easy,” I said.

“Let’s not waste time and get going. You need to freshen up for dinner. You’re going to see Rick at dinner tonight,” he told me as he ushered me towards the waiting limo.

Hearing what grandpa told me make me felt nervous. Am I ready to meet Rick? Is he ready to see me? Worst is will he forgive me? I have take a coward action by avoiding him for a week, will he able to forgive me for that?

“He will forgive and accept you,” comfort his grandpa as if he could sense my nervousness. “He loves you. He will accept you,” he added confidently.

“I hope so, grandpa, I hope so,” I smiled at him. “So how is everyone?” I asked him changing the subject immediately to take my mind away from thinking about meeting Rick again tonight. 

We talked about other things on the way back to his parents’ house. His grandpa told me that Rick stays on his own. He has a penthouse and he has gone direct to his house yesterday and avoiding everyone in his family but tonight, his grandpa has given him an order to have dinner at his parents’ place. Knowing Rick, he will not defy his grandpa’s order. Well that’s the old man’s word not mine. Well whatever it is, I must prepare myself to see him and talk to him. It might not be tonight but it definitely has to be done soon.

I was greeted by Rick’s parents upon my arrival. They all seem happy and confident that Rick will accept me back. Let’s just pray they are right. Without wasting time, Mrs. Anderson took me upstairs to a room.

“Here’s you room,” she said smiling at me while opening the door letting me entered.

I saw some American Football team and rockstar’s posters hanging on the wall. It sure indicates that this room belongs to a guy.

“It’s Rick’s room,” Mrs Anderson clarifies for me.

“Oh,” I was stunned, “Don’t you think he mind?”

“No, he wouldn’t mind,” she confidently said. “It’s his old room. He didn’t occupy it since he left for college. I just don’t want to change anything in this room because it reminds me of a lot of him. It’s sentimental, you know,” she laughed at her own jokes.

I laughed with her, “Thanks, Mrs. Anderson.”

“Didn’t I’ve told you to call me, Julie,” she scolded.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized, “Thanks Julie.”

“You most welcome,” she smiled and then hugged me, “Do you know that I’m so happy when Rick told me that he’s has chosen you among your sisters? I really am thrilled and excited. I also admired you and wanted you to be my daughter. You are so much different from the rest of you sisters. You’re independent and yet you have a very soft side of you which show that you love your family more than anything in this world. I want that in my daughter-in-law because if she truly loves her family, she will love her husband undoubtedly.”

I blushed not knowing what to say. I bite my lips, “Some people might not like that,” I defended, “They think I’m an idiot for willing to let my love for my sister overrule my love toward Rick.”

She touched my face tenderly and said to me, “Well, they are not in your shoes, so they don’t understand. When they have the same problem, they might think as twice as you. I’ve told Rick, he shouldn’t blame you for what happen between you. I’ve asked him to think if he is in your shoe. He would have made the same decision as you.”

I smiled and hugged her, “Thanks Julie for being so understanding.”

She hugged me back, “You welcome my dear. Now, I think its better you rest for a while before getting ready for dinner. It will be at 7.30 pm.” I thank her again before she left me alone.

I’ve practice my speech again while dressing up for dinner. I decided to wear my pink strip shirt, which is Rick’s favorite with a black skinny dark jean. Wearing a light make-up and lipstick just the way Rick love it, I looked at myself again in the mirror.

“Well, good luck to you,” I said to my image in the mirror before going out of the room down the stairs.