Chapter 3

Picture : Mike & Elisa Silverstone

***

Chapter 3

I woke up without anyone waking me up with my stomach grumbling. I immediately washed myself up before heading down. The big house just as big as mine was quiet and I wondered where is everyone. I walked around hoping I could find anyone and a moment later I heard voices coming from one area of the house. I walked towards that area.

There I found them, Mike, Elisa, Keshia and Albert in the kitchen talking. Keshia was obliviously helping Elisa with the dinner. They didn’t realize me walking in as they all are in very deep conversation. I heard they mentioned my name. They were discussing about me. I immediate hide behind the wall to eavesdrop their discussions.  

“Don’t you think we should discuss with him about it?” I heard Elisa asked.

“I was thinking of doing that when he wakes up. Maybe after dinner,” Mike replied.

“Don’t you think both Mady and Bree should know about this too?” Keshia asked.

I heard Albert chuckled, “I couldn’t imagine how Bree would react if she knew about this?”

“I agreed with you Albert. I think Mady would take things easily than Bree. I’m hoping Mady would agree. Then things would be easier,” said Mike. Hmm, Mike wants me to be with Mady. I was hoping the same thing too.

“Don’t under estimate Mady, dad,” Keshia warned, “She might look soft but she can be as stubborn as Bree too sometimes.”

“Keysh is right, Mike,” Elisa added, “I think is best you talk to Rick and discuss what he’s plan. Maybe he has a plan on how to win one of our girls heart?”

“Yeah, you’re right, Hun. I might just do that,” Mike said.

So, they do know about Grandpa’s plan. They also have decided that I have to choose either Mady or Bree. I agreed with them. Lily is way too young for me. I agreed with Elisa that I need to discuss with Mike about it. After all, I’m going to choose one of his girls as my wife.  I let out a soft cough just as signal that I’m making my way there.

They all looked up and Elisa smiled at me, “Do you have you good rest?”

“Yes, thank you,” I nodded my head and smelling the aroma in the kitchen make my stomach grumbling again.

They all let out a laugh, “Look like somebody is starving,” teased Keshia.

“Yeah, you can say that,” I blushed.

“Come sit,” Elisa pulled a chair for me, “I’ll get you something light to eat before dinner.”

I continued blushing, “Don’t worry, Elisa, I think I can wait till dinner,” immediately I said that my stomach let out another sound making them laugh again.

“Well I don’t think you stomach can wait,” chuckled Mike pouring some wine for me while Elisa placed a plate of chocolate cookies in front of me. I smiled and ate them without a word.

Mike cleared his throat before saying, “Rick, why don’t we take these cookies to my study room. I think you and I need to discuss some things?”

“Yeah, sure,” I said taking both my drinks and the plate followed him to his study room. Elisa was right behind me.

“Have a sit, Rick,” smiled Mike while he sat on the opposite chair in front of me. Elisa sat beside him. “Your grandfather has told me about his plan,” he started.

I don’t know why I blushed, “That old man always has a crazy plan.”

Both Mike and Elisa chuckled, “Yeah he does but we all agreed with his, including your parents,” he said, “It’s the only way to bring our family together. We all have been dreaming of uniting our family. We were hoping that you and one of our girls would fall for each other and get married but with us living apart making it difficult. Good thing your Grandfather came out with this idea. ” I chuckled hearing this. So they all have been discussing about this and finally the time has come. 

Elisa looked at me concernedly before asking, “What about you? Do you agree?”

“I don’t think I have a choice but to agree,” I admitted, “It’s everyone’s dream and I don’t want my family business to fall into other people’s hand.”

Mike smiled, “Yeah, it would be a waste if it’s happen. I wouldn’t want that to happen to me too.”

“Do any of your daughters know about this?” I asked them.

“None except Keshia,” admitted Mike.

“I hope we could keep it that way,” I suggested.

“Why?” asked Elisa.

“I don’t want any of your daughters to feel obligated that they have no choice but to marry me. I want her to marry me because she wants to. I don’t want to force any of them into marriage. I’m not going to force myself to marry your daughter without feeling anything towards her either. I have made an agreement with grandpa that I will marry your daughter when we both fall in love with each other. Without that feeling, we shall not marry,” I explained, “I rather lose the company than marry someone without love but I’m not giving up without a fight. I will try to make your daughter fall in love with me and I shall try to make myself fall in love with her too. I have one year to do that."

“You mean you’re going to court my daughters?” Elisa excitedly asked.

“Yes ma’am, with your both permission of course,” I smiled.

Mike and Elisa smiled, “You definitely have our permission,” nodded Mike, “But there are only two of them you are allow to court,” he warned. “I think Lily is way too young for you.”

I nodded my head in agreement, “Yes, sir. I agreed with you. Don’t worry. I looked at her as my sister that’s all nothing more,” I assured him.

Both he and Elisa smiled, “We hope Lily will think of you as her brother too.”