Chapter 20

A/N : My dear Friends and Readers

I'm so sorry for the late update.... I have been sick but I'm ok now.... I hope you guys enjoy this chapter... Keep the comments and voting coming..... muah

- Sally -

*********

Chapter 20 – Edited by F9N5B3

I tried to talk to Brianna when I got home but she locked herself in her room and refused to talk to me. I felt so bad and disappointed. I wonder how she found out about it.

I woke up the next morning hoping that I would run into Brianna in our bathroom as usual but unfortunately no. I also didn’t manage to see her at breakfast and Elisa told me that she has left early because she has some college assignment to submit today.

I couldn’t concentrate on my work the whole day at the office. I tried to call her cell phone but as expected she didn’t answer my calls. I even sent multiple SMSes to her but no response.

I got home early just to make sure I would be able to catch up with her but she’s nowhere to be seen.

“She’s out with her friends,” Lily told me when I asked her about Brianna. “They have some college assignment to complete. She might be spending a night at her friend’s house.”

“Oh,” I sigh feeling so frustrated. I know she’s actually avoiding me. Damn, just when things were going so well. Now I have to think of a way to get her back.

“Is there anything wrong?” she asked looking concernedly at me.

“Nothing,” I denied. “I just wanted to know whether she’s explored any new places today. Well, I don’t think she did.”

“Where are you going?’ asked Lily seeing me walk off.

“I’m going out with my friends tonight,” I lied and walked out of the house dialing a number. “Hey, Keysh,” I said once I heard her answer on the other side. “Can we meet up? You and Albert?”

“Sure,” she said, “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I’ll tell you when I see you guys,” I told her. She agreed to meet me at the place I suggested.

“Brianna knows about the family plan? How did she find out?” asked Keyshia when we met at the pub.

“I don’t know, maybe she overhead you and your parents talking or something?” I guessed.

Keyshia shook her head, “We never discussed the matter with her around,” while Albert nodded his head in agreement.

“Whatever it is, she’s found out about it and is really pissed off at me right now. She thought I pretended to be her friend. I tried to explain but she ignored me and now she has started to avoid me,” I told them.

“We suspected this would happen if she finds out,” Albert pointed out.

Keyshia heaved loudly, “Just when we thought everything was going smoothly. Mom and dad are so thrilled,” she said softly, “Do mom and dad know about this?”

“I don’t think so because they looked ok today,” I informed her.

“We have to do something to get her listen to you, but it not that easy. She can be stubborn at times. I don’t know what she’s heard, but I think it best you explain the whole thing to her. Tell her your reasons why you did not want her to know,” saidKeyshia. Then looked at me with wonder, “Why exactly don’t you want her to know?” she asked.

“Because I don’t want her to feel obligated, that she has to marry me for the family’s sake. I want us to fall in love with each other before we make any kind commitment,” I explained to her, “That’s what Mady felt at first when she found out about it and she was willing to sacrifices her feeling towards Steve and agree with the plan. I don’t want that. I don’t want any sacrifices. I will only marry your sister if she has the same feelings towards me and I’m not going to force her if she doesn’t.”

“Hmm, interesting,” injected Albert.

“And you think you can fall in love with Brianna?” she asked me.

I smiled thinking about it, “I think so. I know one thing for sure, I like her. I enjoy being with her. I enjoy her company, I have fun when I’m with her and we share a lot of things in common. I think if I get to know her more, I would fall for her. Just like you told me before Keysh, she’s actually someone easy to get along with once you get to know her,” Keyshia smiled hearing my words and I continued, “I somehow got a feeling that Brianna feels the same way towards me and giving time, we could fall in love.”

“Hmm, we really need to get Brianna to listen to your reasons. Maybe she’ll understand,” said Keyshia thoughtfully.

“I know I could count on the two of you to help me,” I smiled looking at both of them happily.