Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Brianna POV

I went straight to Rick’s room and see its empty. It’s true. He’s gone. He really is gone. I felt a sudden emptiness in my stomach and a tear drop from my eyes without me realizing. He didn’t even leave any message or notes to me but who to blame him when I’m had been avoiding him for a week.

I didn’t believe when dad told me that Rick intended to go back to LA earlier than expected.  I thought dad just saying it to make me talk to Rick. Do I regret not believing dad? Yeah, I do. Maybe I could stop him from leaving but what would I say to him? I don’t know what to say to stop him from leaving. What’s the point of him staying if I have no guts to fight for our love? I’m such a coward. I didn’t have the guts to fight for his love. I let my love for my sister overrule my love towards him.

I lay down on his bed inhaling his scent that still lingered there. God, I love his smell. I grabbed one of his pillow and hugged it as if I’m hugging him as his scent is stronger there. I missed this man. I missed his touched and everything about him. Now I’m not able to see him any longer because he’s gone out of my life forever. It’s all too late now to regret.

“Miss him already?” suddenly I heard Keyshia’s voice at the door. I wipe my tears away and looked at her. I just remain silent.

“I would never let him go, if I were you,” she added after seeing my remained quiet.

“It’s for the best,” I found myself said to her.

“For the best? For whom? You? Rick or Lily?” she cockily asked.

“For everyone,” I said to softly.

“You think so. Here both you and Rick are heartbroken and you said for the best?” she mocked.

“If he stays, we both will be more heartbroken,” I said to her.

“You think so. You’re not going to fight for him? You just going to give up just like that?” she asked.

“What the point Keysh? What would you do if you are in my place? Here you have a boyfriend that you love with all your heart and on the other hand your have your sister whom you love dearly too. You don’t want to lose either of them but you can’t. You have to choose one of them. Whom would you choose Keysh? A guy that you’ve just known for few months or your sister that you’ve knows all your life?” I sobbed. I seldom cry in front of people but I couldn’t contain myself any longer.

She came over and hugged me and I let it all out on her shoulders, “Hush now,” Keyshia softly whispered to me, “I understand how you felt. I know you are in a difficult situation and it’s very unfair for you but don’t you think you’re too rushing into breaking off your engagement with Rick? You should fight instead of just giving up like that.”

“I’m scared, Keysh, scared that she will try to kill herself again and this time if she really died I don’t think I would able to forgive myself forever. I love Rick but at the same time I don’t want to bear the guilty feeling I would carry for my whole life if anything should happen to Lily because of our relationship,” telling her the whole truth how I felt.

She looked at me and said, “Are you forgetting that you have your family who supports you? You have mom, dad, Mady, Andrew and me who will support you all the way no matter what. We’re never going to let Lily spoil it for you. We will help you to make Lily understand. I’m for sure going to make Lily listen.”

I sniggered, “You think Lily will listen to you, when she didn’t even want to listen to mom and dad?” I asked.

“Well I’m going to force her to listen,” she said with determination.

“I like you spirit,” I said to her, “You never giving up on things easily. You always fight for it.”

“You used to be the same,” she reminded me, “Where the Brianna I know that will fight for something that she believes in? Fight for something that belongs to her? Where has she gone? Don’t tell me just because of one small problem she already given up?”

I sighed while Keyshia added, “You would never find a guy who loves you like Rick does. Believe me you won’t. I could see he really and truly loves you. He willing to do anything for you but here you not willing to fight for his love, instead you give up just like that. If you really love him, fight for him.” Seeing me remained quiet, Keyshia asked, “Do you really love him?”

“With all my heart,” I sincerely told her.

“Then why are you doing this?” she asked again, “Fight for him.”

“He’s already gone, Keysh,” I reminded her.

“Well, go after him,” she urged.

“Huh?” I looked at her dumbly.

“Go and get him back,” she stressed.

I looked at her “You are right. I should go after him. God, I’m going after him,” I said loudly and rushed to the telephone.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m going to book me the earliest ticket to LA, duh,” I told her.

She smiled, “No need to do that. I’ve already book you one. You fly tomorrow morning,” she said showing me the ticket.

“What?!!” I was shocked.

“I’ve book you the ticket after Rick left, I’m actually going to force you to go if you’re too stubborn to realize how much you love him,” she confessed making me laughed.

“You the greatest,” I hugged her.

“Yeah I know,” she laughed and added, “Don’t give up,” Keyshia said to me looking directly into my eyes. “If you really love Rick, you shouldn’t give up but fight.”

I nodded and continued to hug her. I’m so pleased to have Keyshia as my sister. She is the most understanding one. She’s always there whenever I need a sister. “Oh god, I need to tell mom and dad about me going.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve already told them about it,” she said and chuckled when I looked at her in shock, “I’ve told you I’m going to force you whether you like it or not.” I laughed with her.

“I need to go and pack,” I said to her, “Will you help me?”

“Sure,” she nodded and we both rush to my room.

I took out my clothes which most of it are Rick’s favorite and put them on the bed while Keyshia help me to fold and place them inside the suitcase. I can’t believe that I have been so stupid to let Rick go. I wonder if he will accept me back.

“You think he’ll easily accept me after all I’ve done?” I wondered out loud.

“If he loves you which I think he does, he will,” Keyshia confidently said.

“But what am I supposed to say to him when I see him?” I asked.

“Tell him you love him, stupid,” Keyshia scoffed and hit my head.

“Ouch,” I rubbed my head, “And with that you think he’ll just accept me?” I asked.

“Well if needed be you get down on your knees and beg him,” she suggested while grinning widely at me. I looked at her like she’s gone crazy, “Do you love him and want him back?” asked Keyshia. I nodded my head.

“Then my dear sister, you have to do every means to get him back, even if you get down on your knees,” said Keyshia grinning widely at me.