chapter 2

POV: Shadow
A few days have passed and that hedgehog was still on my mind. I gave up on trying to get him out of my thoughts.

"Shadow, get ready for school. I don't want you to be late for your first schoolday." My mom said as she opened the door of my bedroom. I was already packing my things.

"I'm already doing that." I said. I would finally get out of the house and get away from my annoying little brother. I was staying in a dorm which was near the college I went to.

POV: Sonic
It was early in the morning. I had packed all of my stuff, more like the stuff I had gotten from my uncle, into a suitcase. I was going to college. I was excited but sad at the same time.

"Is that everything?" Uncle Chuck asked as I put my suitcase in the car. I nodded and got into the car with him. "Then we can go." He said and started driving.

———

We made it to the dorm and walked inside.

"Hello, where can I help you with?" The person behind the counter asked.

"We would like to get the key of the room for Sonic Maurice the Hedgehog." My uncle said.

"Of course. Here is your key, your room is number 23." She said before handing me the key to my room.

"T-Thank you." I said. We went to my room and entered. I placed my suitcase down and looked around. It wasn't huge but it wasn't small either, it was just perfect.

"Looks pretty nice, don't you think Sonny Boy?" Uncle Chuck asked.

"Yes. I like it." I said with a small smile.

"Good. Now give your uncle a hug before he leaves." He said and he opened his arms. I hugged him as I cried. "Promise me you will call once in a while." He said and rubbed my back.

"O-Of course." I said and wiped my eyes. We separated from the hug and waved each other goodbye. After he left, I still couldn't stop crying.

"Are you okay?" I heard a girl ask as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw a brown chipmunk. I shook my head and tried to calm down. "It's okay." She said and rubbed my back.

"Wh-Who are you..?" I asked.

"I'm Sally. I live in the room next to you." She answered. "I heard you cry so I came to see if I could help."

"I'm fine. Life hasn't been great for me, that's all." I said. We talked for what feels like hours when I noticed how late it was. "Oh shoot! We're gonna get late for school!" I panicked.

"We can take my car!" Sally said. We grabbed our backpacks and left. We arrived at our college. It was huge. There were multiple buildings.

"Where do we need to go?!" I yelled out in panic.

"This way!" Sally said and ran into one of the buildings. I followed her. We found the classroom we needed to be and walked in. Everyone was already there.

"You're late." The teacher said.

"We're sorry. We couldn't find our way around." Sally made up an excuse.

"I let it pass this one time." The teacher said and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you." Sally said and went to sit down. I sat down next to her. We had to introduce ourselves to the class. I was so nervous when I was my turn. Everyone was looking at me. It gave me shivers.

"Uhm... M-My name is Sonic... It's nice to meet you all.." I stuttered as I spoke. I sat back down and Sally, who sat next to me, give me a thumbs up. I froze when I saw the same hedgehog from a few days ago. I hadn't noticed him before. The safety I felt a second ago, was gone. Only because he looked like him.

"My name is Shadow and that's all you need to know." He said and sat back down.

POV: Shadow
I couldn't believe he was in my class. I hoped I would see him again and here he was. He was more beautiful and adorable than before. Seeing him made my face heat up and my heart beat faster.

What is going on with me?