Chapter 30

"Wait, so are you going to get a divorce a week after you guys got married?" Kate asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"We haven't registered our marriage yet anyways, so we would just tell our friends instead of going through the legal system but it doesn't help that I'm pregnant..." I said and she nodded.

"Where are you staying in the meantime until you sort everything out?"

"I might stay with Clarissa and Beckett or fly to Utah and stay with my parents and Tucker for a bit," I explained and she nodded.

"Honestly you should go and see your family for a little bit. You haven't seen them since the wedding and I bet Tucker wants to see his big sister after the wedding."

"Can I fly by myself when I'm 5 months pregnant? Is that a good idea?" I asked and she nodded.

"You'll be fine, just make sure to be back before your last dress fitting, I want this dress to look good on you whether or not you'll be 6 months pregnant at my wedding," Kate said and I laughed.

"It'll be nice to see my family again and tell them what happened... I just didn't think I would be the type to get a divorce one week after..."

"Did you get everything or do you still have to grab stuff?"

"I grabbed what I needed and I'm just so confused... I can't believe I'm getting a divorce over a misunderstanding," I said with a sigh, "but that's also a sign that he doesn't trust me. He thinks I would just go and ditch him for another man. Do I really come off as that type of person?"

"I think Scott is insecure about himself and since he had a wife leave him with a kid, he's scared you'll leave him too."

"Look what happened, I'm a homeless pregnant woman," I said with a sigh.

"You can stay with us for awhile. We have the guest bedroom and until you leave for Utah you can crash here."

"Kate, I love you and all but that's not your call, it's his," I said then pointed at Jackson as he came through the front door.

"What about me?" Jackson asked as he walked in then planted a kiss on Kate's cheek.

"Nothing, I should get going. I'll text you when I figure something out," I said and Kate grabbed my wrist.

"Nicole, you don't have anywhere to go tonight. You need somewhere to stay to keep you and that baby safe," Kate said and looked at Jackson.

"Wait, I'm confused. Can someone please explain to me what's going on," Jackson said.

"I'll text you when I figure something out, Kate."

"What's going on?" Jackson cried out like a lost puppy.

"Nicole, where are you going to go?" Kate asked me.

"Since Dylan got me into this mess, he has to figure it out," I said as she let go of my wrist.

"What the hell did Dylan do? Guys!" Jackson whined and Kate shushed him.

"Jackson, the adults are talking. Sit down," Kate said and Jackson threw his hands up with a groan and sat down on the couch.

"I'll text you later, bye Jackson," I said and left the apartment building and made my way to Dylan's house.
-=+=-
I banged on the front door and waited than knocked even harder. The door opened and Dylan was in his boxers and looked like he just got out of bed.

"Nicole what-" Dylan started to say but I walked past him into his house.

"Do you have a girl over right now?" I asked him and he looked down at his feet, "tell her to leave, we need to talk."

After a few minutes a girl came from downstairs and was giggling as Dylan escorted her out.

"I'll see you later, right?" Blondie said with a seductive smile.

"Uhhh look Heather, that was a-"

Then she cut him off and said, "Dylan, my name is Emily. We've hooked up like 4 times now and you still don't know my name?"

"Look I have some important business to take care of so can you leave?" Dylan asked and she glared at me then him.

"Is that your important business? Hooking up with another girl after me? Oh wait she's pregnant too, so you have a baby?" Emily shouted and I marched up to her.

"I'm sorry that I'm not a slut like you and actually have a family. When you don't know anything you should probably shut your mouth, sweetie."

"Whatever, you were probably 16 and pregnant cause you're that much of a slut," Emily said and strutted out.

"Wow, your little hookups sure are nice," I said as I walked to the living room.

"Nicole, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm homeless now because I visited you after I got back from my honeymoon. So, since you got me in this mess you have to figure out where I'm staying until I fly to Utah."

"Wait back up; you're homeless?"

"Yes, do I need to spell it out for you?"

"Nicole, what happened? All I did was give you that tea set as a wedding gift," Dylan said.

"Scott thought I was cheating on him and we got into this huge argument and now I think I'm in the middle of a divorce. So find me a place to live," I said as I sat down.

"You can stay here until you go to Utah but you have to make me that smoothie you use to make me," Dylan said with a bright smile and I chuckled.

"Fine, get to editing and I'll bring it to your studio," I said and his eyes lit up and he skipped away like a little weirdo.

Maybe living here with Dylan won't be so bad.