Chapter 23

"Hey love, are you okay?" I asked as I walked into the room and he sighed.

"There's this crazy man that's trying to see me and he's causing such a hassle downstairs. He jumped over the ID check and ran inside and he's somewhere in the building..." Scott said and I sighed.

"Is that the reason why there's security running around?" I asked and he nodded and kissed my cheek.

"No worries, is everything alright? You don't usually come see me on Mondays." Scott said and leaned up against his desk.

"Yeah, I just have been wanting to see you because it's just been stressful lately." I said and he gave me a hug that and I put my head against his shoulder and sighed.

"We'll get through this together." Scott said then pecked my lips and unwrapped his arms around me and I smiled and nodded.

"I brought you some lunch too, I wasn't too sure if you were gonna be too busy to go grab something to eat downstairs and this makes sure you actually eat." I said and he nodded and gave me a tired smile.

"I love you so much." Scott said.

"I love you too, keep your head up and if you need a boost then get a coffee out of the mini fridge. I refilled it last week so you get a boost once in a while."

"You're the best, get home safely and text me when you get there." Scott said and I nodded.

"Have a great day, I'll see you at home." I said and pecked his lips then left the building.
-=+=-
"Ahhhhh!" Beckett and Destiny screamed as Clarissa and I chased them in the backyard.

"Up the playground!" Beckett said and they climbed to the top and I smiled.

"How will we ever get them?" I asked Clarissa.

"I have no clue... oh well, I guess we'll have to go eat the ice cream by ourselves now." Clarissa said and I nodded and we started walking inside and the kids ran past us.

"Oh no you don't!" Clarissa and I both yelled and chased after them.

After we got them some what calm I started scooping the ice cream as the kids played in the play room.

"Hey Nicole, can I ask you something?" Clarissa asked as she sat on the barstool.

"What's up?" I asked as I put the ice cream in the freezer.

"Umm... so I met this guy named Rick and he's really nice and sweet. He asked me out on a date and I want to go but I don't know if it's the right choice."

"Does he know you have Beckett?" I asked her as I started the coffee.

"Yes, he accepts Beckett and he has a 3 year old daughter too."

"I think you should try it, how long has it been since your husband?" I asked her.

"5 years..." Clarissa said.

"I think you should go on at least one date and see where it goes. If it goes well then the next outing take the kids somewhere fun." I said to her.

"Is that what you did with Scott?"

"Well, Scott and I went on our night out and I met Destiny that night. We then took Destiny to the park and lunch the next day."

"That sounds nice, I'll do that then."

"We can watch Beckett that night, I want you to enjoy that night out." I said as I handed her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you Nicole, you're such a great friend and I trust you with Beckett."

"Thank you, we'll go grab dinner then maybe go see a movie then it's lights out for them." I said.

"Sounds like fun, I'll tell you the details and see when it is." Clarissa said.

"I'm so excited! Kate, Kenzie, and I can help you get ready that night."

"That sounds wonderful, you ladies are the sweetest." Clarissa said then took a sip of coffee.

"I just want you to have the best night and also I want you to be happy." I said and she smiled then hugged me.

"Thank you so much, I haven't done this in a while and I just want to settle down and maybe have one more kid before it's too late with someone I love."

"You're gonna get that some day, not only because you're amazing but because you deserve it more than anyone I know." I said.

"Thank you Nicole for everything, you work so hard to provide the best for Beckett and I can't thank you enough. He has the best times here and he thinks of you as such a role model, thank you for teaching him so much."

"Beckett is honestly like a son to me, I love having that kid around. Plus Destiny has someone to play with as I try to work around the house and do something." I said and we both laughed.

"Thank you so much, I just really hope this works out." Clarissa said and I grabbed her hand.

"If it doesn't then it's his loss more than anything. He's losing a great woman and also a great kid." I said and she hugged me.
-=+=-
"Okay, I'll pick you up in the afternoon and you be good for Nicole and Scott." Clarissa told Beckett as she held his hands.

"I'll be good, don't worry mama." Beckett said and she smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you Nicole, if there's an emergency than just call me." Clarissa said.

"I will, now don't worry and go have fun. You look stunning by the way." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you so much. Bye Beckett, I love you and have fun!" Clarissa said and she kissed Beckett and hugged him one last time and I took his hand and we walked to my car.

"Hi Beckett!" Destiny said as I opened the car door and out Beckett in the car seat.

"Hi Destiny!" Beckett said and I hopped into the passenger seat.

"Off to the movies!" Scott said and the kids cheered with excitement.

"Let's go!" I said and they couldn't help but giggle.

This will be an interesting night.

A/N:
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know this is so late but I've been so busy with school and this week has just been hectic with Thanksgiving. I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving and love you all! Happy Reading! <3