Chapter 22

DYLAN'S POV-
"Popular YouTuber Nicole Lucas has officially announced her engagement to the general manager of the Google Play Store Scott Harrington. Nicole has been living with him and his daughter Destiny for now 6 months and they are about to tie the knot. I'm Chelsea Briggs and this is the Hollywire Hot Minute." Chelsea said and I sighed.

"Nicole Lucas is a famous vlogger and beauty guru on YouTube. She vlogs her life from her trips to France to the life of a YouTuber to the life of a mom. Nicole has adopted her now fiancé's daughter and spends her whole day with her and vlogging the adventures." Chelsea said and then a picture of Nicole and Destiny popped up.

" 'Scott and Destiny are my main priority now and they are the ones I think about. Beckett is a good friend of our's son and we watch him while his mom works. I think of him as a son and he's my main priority too.' Nicole told People magazine."

"Nicole use to date Dylan Jackson also a YouTuber until a scandal broke out. Dylan was cheating on Nicole with a model named Star Heartland and they were engaged for 2 months after Nicole and Dylan broke up but then the wedding was called off. Dylan has continued to create content on the Internet and has been going on tour with his friend Jackson and Grant. Jackson is happily engaged to Nicole's best friend, Kate and Grant is married and has a daughter." Chelsea said and pictures popped up on the screen.

"I'm Chelsea Briggs and that was your Hollywire Hot Minute." Chelsea said then the outro ran.

Wow... Nicole is engaged to Scott Harrington.

I searched into Google Scott Harrington and I sighed. It was all good things, nothing bad about this guy.
-=+=-
"She got engaged last night and announced it this morning. Scott invited us over for a little barbecue at their house and he proposed." Jackson said and I nodded and took another swig of my beer.

"Dude, you should stop drinking." Grant said and took the bootle from me.

"Star and I were a mistake... I just want Nicole back." I said then grabbed my beer.

"Dylan... Get it together!" Jackson said and took my beer.

"I'll be right back Kenz is calling me." Grant said and walked off.

"No babe, I'll be home in a few hours." Grant said and paused to listen.

"I know I'm suppose to be there for our baby girl. I'm sorry I'm out with my friends while you're with her all day and night." Grant apologized.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jackson asked and I nodded.

"Kenz, I'll stay home tomorrow night while you have a girls night." Grant said.

"You always say that but you never do it!" I heard and Grant took the phone away from his ear.

"Grant, why don't you think about me? It's always you, you, and you. It's never Eliza or me! I'm sick and tired of it and you better be a better father to your daughter before I walk off." Kenzie yelled then hung up and Grant sighed.

"I should get going..." Grant said and grabbed his jacket from the couch.

"See ya, make her happy and not mad." Jackson said and he gave us a thumbs up and left.

"You staying the night?" I asked.

"Can't, Kate is probably waiting for me plus she's been mad about me not helping with the wedding so I have to help her with that. Stop drinking please." Jackson said and got up.

"I just need to relieve the stress of life right now, Jacks." I said and he sighed and nodded.

"We'll go out when Grant is avaliable, then we can all go out and relieve all this stress together." Jackson said and I nodded and he left the house.
-=+=-
"I am here with Nicole Lucas!" Jillian said and there was a round of applause.

"Thanks for having me here." Nicole said with a genuine smile and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks for coming onto the Jillian Show in the first place." Jillian said and Nicole smiled.

"So, I heard about your engagement! Congratulations!" Jillian said and there was so much cheering.

"Haha, thank you. Yes Scott and I are getting married and I already feel like we're married to be quite honest." Nicole said and Jillian laughed.

"So explain how he proposed!" Jillian said all excited.

"Well, we were having this barbecue get together with some of my good friends and I'm glad that he did it in front of people I love and care about. It was so special having them there and it was just an amazing night." Nicole said and there were pictures popping up on the screen of Scott and Nicole.

"Aww that's so sweet! Your step-daughter was there too and how'd she react?"

"Destiny loved it, she was so excited and she loved the ring. I was explaining how we'd go dress shopping and get all dolled up and she just loved the fact that she got to be apart of it." Nicole said and she was smiling ear to ear.

"Did anyone know that Scott was gonna propose?"

"No it was a surprise to all of us! Like when he got down on one knee everyone was screaming and jumping up and down. It was just a really fun night for everyone that was there." Nicole said and I couldn't listen anymore and I turned the TV off.

I sighed and combed my hair with my fingers and got up off my couch. I needed to talk to this Scott dude. This wedding cannot happen...

I typed into my computer the location of where he works and I smirked to see the location. Only 15 minutes away...
-=+=-
"I'm sorry Mr. Jackson but do you have a meeting with Mr. Harrington? He is a very busy man and is on a tight schedule." Gertrude the front desk lady said.

"No but I need to talk to him." I said and she looked at the calender.

"He is not available right now because he is in a meeting but make an appointment and maybe you can see him then." Gertrude said.

"When is he avaliable?"

"He is packed throughout this month due to company meetings and business trips. So maybe next year?" Gertrude said and my jaw dropped.

"He isn't that important, why is his schedule this packed?" I asked.

"Mr. Harrington is a very important man to this company and he's a very busy man. Now I have to ask you to leave or I will have to call security."

"Fine..." I said and started walking away then sprinted for the elevators. I jumped over the ID check and ran.

"Security! Security!" Gertrude yelled and I ran as fast as I could.

"Keep the elevator open!" I shouted and I sprinted on in and shut the doors.

"Dylan?!" Nicole asked shocked and my eyes widened.

"Nicole! What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm having a meeting with Scott and I's wedding planner... What are you doing here? Why are you running?" Nicole asked me.

"I'm here to meet someone and I'm just running a bit late."

"Oh okay, well this is my floor. I'll see you around?" Nicole asked.

"Yeah, congrats by the way."

"Thanks, bye." Nicole said with a smile and walked out and I sighed.

Why am I trying to stop two people in love?

A/N:
Hey guys, I'm so so sorry for posting this so late. I've just been so busy with school and I have my schedule all figured out now. Thank you for understanding and love you all! Happy Reading! <3