Chapter 29

"So you wanted to meet with me?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Yeah, I have a gift for you." Dylan said and handed me a bag.

"What is this for?" I asked him as I started taking out the tissue paper.

"I'm sorry gift, congrats on the baby gift, and congrats for getting married gift all in one!" Dylan said and I laughed.

I pulled the gift out of the bag and it was a tea set and I smiled.

"It's beautiful, thank you!" I said and gave him a hug.

"You love tea and when I saw this I thought of you so I really wanted to get it for you. I really hope Scott doesn't get mad at you for meeting with me." Dylan said.

"If I forgave you then he should too, I really appreciate this Dyl." I said and gave him another hug.

"I'm just glad you like it, it won't make up for what I did to you but I'm glad we can still be good friends." Dylan said and I smiled.

"Thank you, I should get going though. Scott will get worried about me especially since I kind of rushed off from the airport." I said and he nodded.

"I'll text you later?" Dylan asked and I nodded then left.
-=+=-
"Where the hell were you, Nicole?" Scott asked with a raised voice.

"I told you, I went to go meet with someone." I said as I took off my coat and hung it up in the closet.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"Scott, why would you even think that?! Do you not trust me?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Why won't you tell me who you met up with then?" Scott shouted.

"I met up with Dylan; are you happy now?" I shouted and stormed out of the room.

"Nicole!"

I ran downstairs into the kitchen and sat down at the counter with my face in my hands.

"Babe!" Scott shouted and I turned around to see him angry.

"Scott, I'm not in the mood." I said as I got up from the counter.

"Why the hell would you meet up with him at midnight?! Why would you even meet up with him?!" Scott shouted at me.

"He gave me a wedding gift, that's why!" I shouted and he looked at me stunned.

"What did he give you then?" Scott asked and I huffed and grabbed the tea set out of the cabinet.

"He gave me this teapot and matching cups cause he felt bad and he knew I liked tea! Just let me drink my fucking tea!" I shouted and he sighed.

"You couldn't have met up with him at any other time?"

"Scott, I'm busy all week day and night. Why don't you take me into consideration at times?" I said as I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist.

"Nicole, just talk to me."

"Let go of my wrist, Scott. I told you what happened and if you don't trust me then this isn't going to work out. I'll grab what I need out of our room and sleep in the guest room." I said as I yanked my arm away.
-=+=-
I woke up the next morning with an awful headache. I got ready for the day and went downstairs to see Destiny sitting on the couch eating cereal.

"Destiny how many times do I have to ask you not to eat there? Come eat at the table or else you might spill." I said as I opened the fridge.

"It's okay Des, sit there." Scott said and I closed the fridge and glared at him.

"What did you say?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I said she can sit there and eat. If she spills we can get a different couch, I was considering redesigning the kitchen and living room anyways." Scott said as he sat on the couch with his newspaper open.

"Destiny, come sit at the table. We're not redesigning this house." I said and Destiny got up.

"Des, sit down; it's fine if you spill." Scott said and I marched over to him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I mumbled to him.

"She's my daughter and this is my house, she can sit on the couch if she wants."

"She's my daughter too and this is my house too, we don't need to waste money on things we don't need." I said.

"Who says she's your daughter?" Scott asked and I just stared at him.

"Who says this is your house, Nicole?" Scott asked me and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Fine, I'll leave because I guess that I haven't been the one taking care of her and making sure she's safe when your at work. I'm not the one cleaning this house and taking care of that little girl and making sure she's okay after she gets hurt. I'll leave because I'm not that person to you." I said and ran upstairs with tears sliding down my face.

I grabbed my large suitcase and started shoving my clothes and my things in it until I heard a voice.

"Mommy?" I heard Destiny call out and I wiped my tears and turned around.

"Hi baby, come here." I said and she came and sat down on my lap.

"Why are you packing again?" Destiny asked and I sighed.

"I have to go on a trip for a little bit like last month but I'm going to make sure Clarissa and Beckett are here to take care of you when daddy is at work, okay?" I said and she nodded.

"I'll miss you, come back safe." Destiny said and hugged me. I hugged her with all my heart as tears slipped down my face.

"Don't cry mommy, I'll see you soon." Destiny said and I nodded.

"Of course, Destiny." I said and she skipped off to the playroom. 

I packed the rest of my things until my suitcase was overflowing and left this house, little did I know that this will be my last time in this house....