Chapter 14

"Hey, sorry I was late. Little Eliza had to be fed before I came." Kenzie said as she sat down next to me.

"It's fine, how are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm okay, just really tired from being up with Eliza all night." Kenzie said then yawned and I could see the bags under her eyes.

"I'll go grab you a latte, do you want anything else?" Kate asked as she got up.

"I'm fine, you don't need to buy me anything." Kenzie said.

"It's my treat, so do you wanna eat anything?" Kate asked and Kenzie shook her head.

"I'll be right back then." Kate said then got up and left.

"Has Grant not been helping you?" I asked her and she sighed.

"He's been hanging out with Dylan a lot because Dylan is lonely without you." Kenzie said.

"I am so sorry Kenz, I can talk to Grant if you want." I said to her and she sighed and shook her head.

"It's fine, I just need him to help with the wedding and with Eliza. I can't juggle both things at the same time and it's just really hard to balance everything out now. He just cares about himself and not us." Kenzie said and I sighed.
-=+=-
"Nicole, I'm heading out with Jackson, Grant, and Kenzie. You wanna come?" Kate called out.

"I don't want to 5th wheel it to be quite honest." I said and she came into my room.

"You won't 5th wheel it, Dylan will be there too." Kate said.

"That's even more of a reason not to go, I don't want to see him and Star." I said and she sat on the bed next to me.

"You should come, we're just going to a club or bar. You don't even need to face him because there's gonna be other people there too." Kate said and I sighed.

"Fine, I'll just put on this." I said as I held up a black dress with some lace detailing and an open back.

" I said as I held up a black dress with some lace detailing and an open back

"Fine, now sit and let me do your makeup so Dylan regrets cheating on you. But wear these heels instead." Kate said and handed me a pair of white heels and I put them next to my dress.

"Hey guys, Eliza's with my mom and I'm ready to go out and party!" Kenzie said as she came into the room.

"Hey Kenz, do you mind curling her hair while I do her makeup?"

"I am on it!" Kenzie said then grabbed my curling iron and started curling away.

20 Long Minutes Later-
"Done!" Kate said as she finished applying my lipstick and I looked at the mirror and smiled.

"I love it, now let's get this night over with." I said and they laughed and we walked out our apartment.

"The boys are already there so we're showing up fashionably late." Kenzie said and I laughed as we got into Kenz's car.

"Who's designated driver?" Kate asked.

"I will, I'm not much of a drinker." Kenzie said.

"Nope your celebrating your first night as a mom. I'll be the driver today because I have nothing else to do with my life." I said to them.

"Nope, you two are gonna party tonight. I'm gonna be designated driver because I'm on trio watch tonight." Kate said and Kenzie looked really confused.

"Trio watch is where Kate is gonna keep an eye on the three boys. She's gonna make sure they don't do anything stupid and if they do then Kate will try to stop it." I said and she nodded trying to understand us.

"I hope I can find a guy to keep my mind off of him." I said as we started to drive.
-=+=-
"Can I buy a pretty girl like you a drink." A guy asked me and I blushed and nodded.

"Of course, I can't decline a drink from a handsome man." I said and he smirked.

"What would you like then?" He asked me and I looked at the selection.

"Give me a glass of whiskey." I told the bartender and he nodded.

"I'll have a whiskey too." The man said and I smiled and tucked a a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm Scott and you are?" Scott asked me and I smiled.

"I'm Nicole, so what are you doing here all alone?" I asked him as the bartender handed us our drinks.

"I'm not alone actually, I'm here with a few of my friends but they're all dancing over there. Why is a pretty girl like you sitting here all alone?" Scott said and I smiled.

"My friends are here with their boyfriends and I didn't want to 5th wheel it so I am just sitting here." I said then took a sip of my drink.

"I'm surprised your not in a relationship, you seem like a girl to have a boyfriend." Scott said and I scoffed.

"I was engaged but my ex cheated on me with a model. I guess I wasn't good enough for him, so my friends pulled me out here to get him off my mind." I said and he smiled.

"Well, that guy let go one of the most beautiful girls ever." Scott told me and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm surprised you aren't in a relationship either to be quite honest with you." I said and he looked down at my drink.

"Yeah, I was actually married and we had a baby girl and we were both happy but one day she got up and left me and Destiny all alone." Scott said and I sighed and pecked his cheek.

"My baby girl Destiny is on a little vacation with my mom and dad for a bit. I guess they wanted me to just relax and live life for a bit." Scott said and I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad your here to be honest." I said and he smiled.

"How about we grab lunch some time soon. Here put your number in my phone." Scott said and I smiled and took the phone.

"So like a date?" I asked as I started typing my number in.

"Yes, this will be a date." Scott said and I smiled then handed him my phone.

This was a great night.

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to go read my oldest book surviving the Parkston boys because I'm gonna re-write it so make sure to check that out and you could enter to make a cover. So make sure to go check that out. Happy Reading! <3