Chapter 25: Home

~Lucy's POV~

The sounds of loud, obnoxious snores greet my ears as I awake. Though I had probably slept for at least two days straight, I feel exhausted, all life drained from my core. 

The owner of the sounds rolls over beside me, an arm wrapping around me, a nose nuzzling into the crook of my neck. 

Uhm... what?! 

I inhale sharply through my nose, about to go ham on the strange person in my bed, when I realize how familiar that scent is. He sighs in his sleep, and my heart starts to pound loudly in its cage, my skin tingling from where his body is pressed against mine.

Natsu. 

"Luce?" he says, that morning voice making my skin tingle, warm breath gracing my neck. "Good morning," he whispers dreamily.

"Morning," I reply, rolling over to see him face to face. His eyes slowly open, meeting mine. My cheeks heat from the little space between us. I try to ignore that little blank spot in my memory, covering every reason why Natsu would be in my bed, lying next to me, being so adorable this morning. 

"I'm hungry," he suddenly says with a smile, then rolls out of bed and shuffles away. I find myself missing the heat and the proximity, but notice as I sit up that thankfully, he is wearing pants and I am fully clothed, although in pajamas which I do not remember putting on.

I climb out of my bed and follow Natsu into my apartment's kitchen, another question floating on my tongue. He grabs an apple off the counter and whirls around, almost running into me, inches behind him. He smiles slowly at the yet again closeness. 

"Natsu?" I ask, trying to keep my eyes on his and not his smirking lips.

"What is it?" he replies. I ignore the sensual edge to his voice. 

"What happened?" The smile drops. 

"A lot of things," he says flatly, taking a large bite of the apple. "How much do you remember?"

I shake my head slowly, "not much. I remember... I remember walking through a forest, laughing with all of you... and then... blackness up until this morning."

He considers this, "ya, sounds about right. You fainted on the trail, unsurprisingly. You were pretty worn out. Wendy and Levy helped me get you here, change, things like that..." He suddenly smiles. I take a step back.

"What?" I ask at his evil grin.

"Its nothing," he laughs. I smack him on the arm, hard, letting out a whine.

"Tell me!"

"Alright alright," he chuckles, and suddenly closes the gap I had made. The apple is nowhere to be seen. "You said something to me last night, you know."

My stomach plummets. 

"Oh?"

"Yup. You did something, too."

My heart stops beating. What the fuck did I do?!

"Are you... are you gonna tell me?"

"Well, you did this," he mutters, leaning in and suddenly pressing his soft lips to mine, gently kissing me. As he withdraws, I find myself wanting it to last longer, and can't help but pout as he breaks away. "And," he continues, face inches from mine. My eyes are trained on his mouth, but at what he said next, they snap up to meet his. 

"And, you told me you loved me."

~Gajeel's POV~

Levy.