Chapter 20: Black Flames for a Black Heart

Hey guys, so I know that these past chapters have been slow to update and have only been battles, but good news because the stories kicking up again! More storyline and ships coming right up! Oh, and some cute Natsu fighting for Lucy stuff. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's POV~

"You bastard!" I shout, digging my feet into the ground, flames sprouting from my fists. "Where is she?!"

"I'll never tell you," he spits at me. "Well, unless you win. So," he considers this for a moment, "yea it's still never."

I grind my teeth together, "You'll regret this, you'll regret ever thinking of hurting Lucy!"

"Lucy?" he questions, "I thought you were more of an all around guild-loving guy! I'm very shocked that you only care about saving Lucy, when you're guild mates are fighting for their lives at this very moment."

This makes me hesitate. This whole time my mind has been focused on one thing and one thing alone.

Lucy.

"Whatever!" I yell, bounding towards him. I swing at him, flames bubbling from my knuckles, but he just grabs my fist and stops me. We stand face to face, and he smiles at me.

"You're flames are very hot," he says. "And to any normal person, they would burn to the bone. But I, Raiden, am much different. Being the leader of my four element wizards, I have learned to adapt to many things, such as water, wind, and earth. So I created flames that withstand all things. I call them my flames of death." Black flames wisp around his wrist, engulfing his hand and my own in pitch black.

"What the hell?" I mutter as my wrist starts to ache.

"You see," he chuckles, "My flames don't burn like regular flames, so they don't go out like regular flames. They are eternal, well until they've killed their victim. And, instead of scorching the skin, they eat away at your muscles and bones, making you old and weak and brittle as frozen twigs. It's beautiful, don't you think?"

I grit my teeth together and yank my hand out of his, but the flames persist, eating at my forearm.

"What will you do now, Natsu Dragneel?" Raiden taunts. Much to his surprise, I shove my fist in my mouth, sucking up the flames. Raiden just laughs louder. "You fool! My flames will just eat you from the inside out!"

I swallow the last of the flames on my arm and smile. Raiden's grin falters at my happy expression. "Well, buddy, I can eat just about anything, and use it to my advantage. Plus, if I channel all the flames I just happily ate into my own flames, I'll just be able to control them. Thanks for the snack, who's the idiot now?"

I set my hands on fire again, but this time, the flames burn a crimson red, mixed with the pitch black deathly fire. Raiden watches, slightly horror-struck, as I bound towards him again.

"FIRE DRAGON: IRON FIST!" I pound my knuckles into his chest, engulfing him in the burning, eating flames which he can no longer control. He's knocked back against the tree, which ignites as well. "Now, tell me where Lucy is, you freak!" I shout in his face, hold a threatening, flaming fist to his throat.

"Never," he spits, and I watch the color start to drain from his face. Suddenly, he starts shrieking at the top of his lungs, "MY QUEEN! GIVE ME STRENGTH!" The flames surrounding him go black, and I can no longer see his outline. Then suddenly, just like that, he vanishes in to thin air.

I get up and turn away, ready to start screaming in frustration, when I hear something clatter to the ground behind me. I turn around slowly, and spot my last piece of hope.

Lucy's key case, filled with her ten golden keys, lying on the ground before me.

---------------------------------------------

Hey!

So the fighting-chapter period is over, so now more story awaits!

Love ya guys!

~Aleyna~