"Yes, I was the one to kill them. Not myself, but it was what had to be done." I stared at him blankly and he seemed to find a need to continue. "They were doing dark magic against us. It was either them or us."

  "You and your king, Vladimir?"

  "He was no king. Never mine.. During the war he was fighting for his own damned reasons, while I was fighting for my own people." And then I found myself thinking about a situation such as that.. War.. "Christ, how do you even know all of this, Lara?"

  His words interrupted my thoughts.. Perhaps a part of me understood him.. What he was put through. Of course he fought for his people.. And at wars, most enemies were made. I could never blame him. I just needed to know that there was a reason for him doing that.. Killing them. And if them witches put any of ours at risk, then it was more than a reason to end them.

  I found myself clearing my throat.. I looked on the side. I could still see that picture of them arriving and almost killing Christian that night, whenever I closed my eyes. I terrified me. It sent the kind of tremors through me that made me want to find Christian right then and hold him close..

  "They came.. While I was with the Le Bourisers. They attacked."

Discussing that night wasn't the best idea, especially in that moment. I had no clue what happened after Christian found me, how he returned me back home and I was scared to even think about it.

I continued wanting to get it over with. "Nothing happened, thankfully, but they were clear with their threats." I could not sit still. I stood up and he watched me carefully. I was fine. "They're after revenge and if we don't fight them together, they'll get what they all want.. Our heads on spikes."

I ran my hands through my hair.. The air was choking me in that moment.. The thought of that night terrified me and not knowing where Christian was.. God, it disturbed me in the most messed up ways possible. I had the need to see him right then.

  "You didn't tell me.. Why didn't you tell me?" I sat down at his question.. Why? Perhaps because I didn't want to accidentally give out anything that happened between Christian and I. And that night.. A lot of things happened.

  "I failed to mention. I thought Adam was already big of a problem." Silence fell over for a few seconds..

He stared at me and I looked back in fake certainty to provide being caught in a lie. I didn't fail to mention.. No, of course I thought of it. I just refused to go too deep into it. Christian almost died that night. The weakness in my voice would've given out my affection towards him.

  "I agreed.." My father spoke again, leaving it unfinished and having me wonder of what it was he decided to talk about. "To that deal. I agreed."

Oh. So that's what I missed.. Of course. Right in the most important moment, I was passed out. And now I was surprised to hear my father say that because no matter how much I hoped we would convince him to agree, a small part of me always doubted that we would succeed.

  "You did the right thing." I finally found myself manage to say, and the slight confusion on his face showed plenty.

  "What?"

Perhaps he expected me to be the one against if since I was supposedly kidnapped.. And perhaps I spoke too soon when I told him he did the right thing. I could've gave it away.

So I cleared my throat and continued certainly. "You did the right thing, dad. We need to fight to together if we want to defeat them. Side by side. There's no war between our species, it's those psychopaths that are standing in our way."