It's a trick, he always used to say. It's in your mind. You can't control it once it's controlling you. And so my whole life I had stayed away from magic. From witches.. Now there I was, admitting to my father that there were three psychotic witches on our enemy's side, determined to kill us all.

  Of course, Adam needed me alive first, but I knew it was them that allured me to the house with that dark magic. Cowards. Using magic while I was asleep. They knew damn well that if any of our people scented a witch a mile away they would tear her apart. So they played games from out far.

  A few seconds passed.. "Witches?" I could exactly hear the concern in his voice, the hope that perhaps I was the one that was wrong. When I didn't answer right away, he allowed his panic to take the best of him. "Lana, what witches?"

  My father had always been a strict man, not only with his children but with everyone that was under his protection. He had his reasons why he didn't trust witches and he was always doing the best in his power to taught us to follow that as well. After I met them, I could see why he was so concerned.

  I looked at him. "I told you it was all a mind-game. You didn't think it was Adam that did it alone, with one foot already in his grave, did you?"

  He sat up in anger. "What could any witches possibly want from you?" It was an immediate question and I knew that the answer would scare him even more because it was already insane enough to even think about how many there were after one goal.. And that was to see me and those I cared about dead.

  "Revenge. On you." I moved on the edge of the bed and looked at him.. "Camille, Olga, and Thalia.. Ring any bells?"

  The press of my toes over the cold wooden floor made me almost flinch because I suddenly remembered that my feet hurt the last time I was somewhat conscious.. But how could I even slightly think about something like that when I had my father already circling around the room in panic, almost as if he knew exactly of whom I was talking about.

  He held one hand pressed on his hip while he rubbed his chin with the other, mumbling something underneath his breath and closing his eyes for a second. I could feel it. I could feel that nauseousness in my stomach because that damn nervousness and anxiety was already crawling around and taking over my whole body.

  "The sisters of the Mystic Grove.." He ran a hand through his hair, looking outside the window for a second.. "Their family was vanished from their coven. They did dark magic during the war."

  A heavy breath escape me.. My face fell in my palms as I leaned my elbows on my knees and kept quiet for a few seconds. Of course. Of course he knew who they were.. Seemed like I didn't know my father at all.. It couldn't be true. Everything those demon women said.. Goodness, it couldn't be true.

  "Don't tell me that you were really the one to kill them?" My father is not like that, I told myself. He is a man of honor. He would never kill anyone unless it was our family that was directly attacked.

  I saw those women and I knew what kind of devils they were.. I would've killed them right there if I could. But killing someone for living by their own nature wasn't even slightly the morals my father had taught us about. I refused to believe that even in war he would kill hundreds.. For power. Thousands even maybe..

  The man standing before me wasn't the good hero.. Not at all. He was a hero for our people, yes, because he didn't allow our extinction. What a leader should be.. But he was definitely no murder. I knew that for fact.. At least I thought I knew. It just seemed like my whole life was based on lies.

  I put my hands away from my face when I didn't get an answer. I looked back at him and saw the very confirming face of my somewhat worried furious father, looking at me like he was waiting for my reaction as well.