You didn't pick (re-up)

You were standing at the harbour, your eyes set on the horizon and you waiting for a certain ship to appear

You were standing at the harbour, your eyes set on the horizon and you waiting for a certain ship to appear. It already had been a few days since you had arrived at the island all by yourself to check the surroundings and you already hated to be there all alone.

Two men, both pirates from one of the smaller crews passed by. One of them noticed you and despite him trying to be somehow silent, alcohol caused his slightly slurred voice to come out louder than wished. You easily could hear every single word.
"Hey, look at that hot chic over there. I think I'm going to check her out". He already was about to sway in your direction, but his friend held him back "Don't you know who that is? She's a marine officer". Not to mention a high ranked. The information yet didn't seem to bother him all that much. He just started to laugh "So what? These days no one seems to care whether you are a marine or a pirate. We are all having fun together".

It was true. The island currently was filled with people of all kind of profession and oddly enough there hadn't been a single fight or any kind of threatening while you had been there. It was like a silent pact between all parties had been signed that everyone was following. Which still didn't mean that just because you weren't going to move this guy into the next cell, you wanted him to touch you. Slowly you turned your head around to throw them a threatening glare but while one stiffened up, the other just flashed you a flirty grin that you answer with a roll of your eyes. Idiot.
"That is only one reason, I wouldn't recommend to come close to her", now that he knew that you were listening, he tuned his voice down and tried a little more vehemently to get his friend to leave. Their conversation dissolved into low mumbles, but you were distracted anyway the moment you finally spotted the big white and blue sails of the marine battleship pop up between the waves.
Your heart skipped a beat, and a happy smile lightened your face. Impatiently hopping from one foot to the other you watched it come closer, too focused to even register that the pirate eventually was trying to talk to you. After a few very bad pick-up-lines that he was lucky you didn't hear, without getting any reaction, he finally allowed his relieved comrade to pull him away. Even less than wanting to find out what you were able to do when losing your patience, he wanted to face who was to arrive on this battle ship.

Finally, after what felt like ages the ship had berthed and the gangway was lowered. First man to leave the ship was a tall marine, with white hair and two cigars between his lips.
"Vice Admiral" Smoker smirked when he stepped in front of you "Commodore. I hope everything is fine here". You smiled "Now it is". He plucked the cigars from his lips, then dropped them to the ground and squished them with his boot "Good", then he placed his right hand on your nape and kissed you. You sighed and wrapped your arms around his neck to hug him close, your ring cool against his from the sun warmed skin "I've missed you" you murmured against his lips, while he just hummed and placed a kiss on your forehead. Never a man of big words. Even him proposing to you had been more of a statement, then a question. "We should get married" but it was just one of the things you had learned to love about him.