I nodded.

Henry stood up on his feet and held out his hand for me, pulling me up. "On second thought, let's go for one last night stroll on the beach first. How about it, beautiful?"

"I love too."

We took off our shoes and held onto them as we walked along the shore of the dark, glistening lake. Henry led the way while I️ followed behind him in his footsteps.

I stalled for a moment and let him walk further away from me before running and jumping onto his back.

I thought that was enough to surprise him, but he didn't even flinch a muscle.

He laughed as he adjusted my weight onto his back. "You're pretty feisty, huh?"

"I can't help it with you around." I placed my chin on his shoulders, and I kissed him on the cheek.

.....

"Call me when you wake up," Henry's voice whispered into my right ear. I felt a soft, warm kiss on my right cheek before drifting back to sleep.

As I opened my eyes to the sunlight pouring through the open blinds, Henry was nowhere in our bedroom.

Recalling the night before when we had dinner with Violet and her mother and the beach walk, I slowly sat up on the bed to find a note placed on the nightstand.

Good morning Beautiful, I went into the office early for work. Didn't want to wake you. Call me when you wake up. ~ Henry

I smiled as I read the note one more time.

After showering and getting dressed, I grabbed my phone and dialed Henry's number, sitting back on the bed.

"Morning you," Henry said.

"Morning you. Why did you leave so early this morning?"

"I had to clear some things at work. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I just got dressed and was about to go downstairs to make breakfast for Nana." I also wanted to ask her for the coffee roll recipe, so I could make some for Henry today. But that was going to be a surprise for him. "Anyways, did you want me to bring you lunch?"

"No, not today. Nick and I are going out for lunch."

"You guys are having lunch today again?"

"Yes, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you yesterday."

"No, you don't have to apologized. I understand."

"But you could still come with us if you'd like."

"I'll see. If not, I'll just meet up with you at the office later."

"Okay, see you soon then."

"Bye."

I hung the call and went downstairs to Nana's bedroom.

"Nana, it's Ally," I called through her door, but no answer came.

I knocked again but still nothing, and I started to worry, thinking the worst. I turned the doorknob and opened the door to her room, but she wasn't on her bed.

When found Nana cooking in the kitchen a breath of relief escaped my lips, my heart beat slowing down back to normal. She appeared much better than she did yesterday. It was good to see her moving around in her kitchen again. "Morning, Nana. Are you feeling better today?"

"A little better, dear," she responded with a smile as she stirred the soup in the pot.

But the look in her eyes wasn't the same as before. They seemed to filled with fatigue and something else, but I didn't want to press her about. I trusted that she would tell me if there was really something she wanted me to know. Until then, I wouldn't want to ruin the moment.