6

We laid on my bed for what seemed like hours just staring off. Phil's head rest on my shoulder as I held his arms to my chest, carefully rubbing my fingers against his newly bandaged wounds. I looked over at Phil who was resting his eyes.

He looked so perfect, so peaceful. I had always admired him. He had beautiful long lashes that protected the most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever known. His eyes couldn't be mistaken. They were bright blue with silver specks. There was a light rosiness to his cheeks that were only visible if you were close to him. He always smelled like vanilla and peppermint. I still couldn't believe that someone as stunning as Phil was could hate themselves so much.

"Phil?" I spoke quietly, breaking the long silence. He moved him mouth a bit before moaning about not wanting to move. I gently slid from under him, "I need to make us lunch." I said. I was about to leave him in my room to rest but something about him being alone made me quite uncomfortable. I shook his shoulder gently and watched as his eyes opened and those goddamn amazing blue eyes appeared.

"Why don't you come to the kitchen with me?"

"Dan, I'm okay. Just let me be." He complained.

I love you Phil was all that I wanted to say to him. I wanted to kiss his scars and tell him how badly I adore him. I wanted to tell him that I was so in love with him and that I would always protect him but the words didn't come out. Instead I just stared at him, trying to figure out what I say to him without offense.

"Come on Phil. Please?" I whined.

He complained a bit more before slowly getting up. He seemed so fragile and weak now, as if he could break at any moment. I desperately wanted my Phil to come back. I realized that he still wasn't wearing a shirt so I went to my closet and found a sweater. I tossed it to Phil, he began to put it on but his arms shook.

"Are you alright, Phil?"

"I'm-I..Dan, I'm so sorry." He whispered.

I helped him put the shirt over his head and guided him downstairs. He sat at the table just staring off into space. He seemed as if he was in a deep trance and I couldn't break it.

I sighed and tried to get Phil to speak as I began collecting ingredients to make pasta.

"Phil, can you talk about what you're feeling?"