Valentine's Day Fluff

A/N: Sorry this is late! Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Diana fiddled with the menu in her hands.

Why she was on a blind date, she had no idea.

She'd never shown any interest in boys, but the fact that all her friends had a special someone and she was alone made her feel . . . unhappy.

She re-adjusted her glasses, checking for what felt like the hundredth time for a new text.

Hey-Had to cancel our plans. Sorry.

Of course. Of course they had to cancel. After she'd spent one hour getting all dressed up.

But why was she feeling sad over a silly little cancellation? The old Diana would've never cared about something as petty as this.

He was her blind date, too. She didn't even know him enough to feel sad.

Yet she still managed to smack her phone on the table in anger. The sound of her phone cracking against the table sounded like her heart shattering into a million little pieces.

It was silly, so silly, how getting rejected by someone she didn't know hurt more than breaking her phone.

Without replying to the message, Diana left her almost-blind-date on read. She sighed.

Perhaps he had a relative die. Maybe there was a real reason he canceled.

She shouldn't have felt sad over this.

Diana's phone rang, snapping her back to reality.

"Hello?" She said, extremely hopeful. The cancellation had to have been a typo. He probably meant he was running late, and that's why he was calling.

"How's the boy? Is he cute? I've tried reaching you for half an hour, but you never replied. Please tell me the food is good and the boy is cute and you're having the time of your life."

Diana's friend, Kara, was talking rapidly fast.

Though Kara also didn't have a boyfriend, she had her cousin Clark, who treated her like royalty. The only difference between having a boyfriend and cousin, through her eyes, was that you could get married to one.

Kara breathed heavily. She was almost always running around with Clark in the park. It was so romantic.

"He had to cancel last minute," Diana sighed. "And I cracked my phone. So yeah. The foods expensive, too, so I've just been ordering iced water. Because, would you look at it, iced water cost money."

Diana didn't like to talk about her problems, but she was tired. And angry. And heartbroken. Well, she didn't even have the chance to be heartbroken because she'd been stood up.

Same difference.

"Wow. Just find a new blind date."

"I can't, it's way too late. I just wanted a Valentines date, y'know?"

Kara didn't respond. She could hear a male laugh from the other end.

They were laughing.

"I'll talk to you later," Diana said, the coldness obvious in her voice. "Call me if you do anything fun."

Once again, Diana smacked her phone against the table.

What a great day.

/ / /

Steve was alone on Valentines Day. Not that he minded, he was actually kind of happy.

Now he only had to pay for one meal rather than two.