Sweet Dreams Fluff

A/N: I'm currently working on a WonderTrev AU, so be on the look out! :)

Diana was restless. She'd moved into Steve's house just two weeks before, and it was hectic to say the least.

She could practically see Amazon after Amazon dropping dead like flies, blood swirling through the air and the screams of pain and anguish, were more real than when she'd been living  in the moment.

Tears poured down like the power of Niagra Falls.

Then, all of the sudden, feeling helpless watching the scene fold out before her, her mother, Hippolyta, came storming out.

Diana let out a strangled cry for help, but she couldn't form the words. Her heart beat speed up at the rate of a panther. Her mother wouldn't spot her, and she wouldn't help her, because all Diana could do was watch.

As soon as Hippolyta arrived, she was struck down by another Amazon. This was a war. A real war.

No Amazon could have been stronger than the Hippolyta. Unless it were Diana, who was capable of fighting her mother with equal strength. Maybe even more, if she were honest.

Had she just killed her mother?

"Queen Hippolyta!" Diana screamed, snapping awake. She clutched the covers so hard her hands had turned white, and her whole body was shaking.

Steve, who could sleep through practically anything, rolled to the side. He made some sort of noise, but it was probably a snore.

"Steve!" She called, violently shaking his body. 

His eyes fluttered open, but he was still on the verge of sleep. "Mm?" He murmured, his face pressed up against the pillow.

Diana thought he was cute, but that was the least of her thoughts.

"Steve I killed my mother!" She exclaimed, tears brimming the edge of her eyes. "I saw myself kill her!"

Now she had Steve's full attention. He lazily lifted the pillows up, and clasped his hands together. "Are you high?"

He asked it like it was so normal. Like that's was some sort of question he asked her on a daily basis, which was kinda true. He did tell her multiple times that she was 'out of this wolrd' and 'probably high' or 'what drugs are you on?'

Diana felt the sweat dripping down her forehead. She inhaled, still going wild. "She came out, and I saw myself shoot an arrow. But I couldn't stop myself!"

Steve held her hand, and kissed her cheek, not even commenting on the sweat like he usually did. "It's fine."

"No it's not! I probably saw into the future!" Diana tried to rush up and tug on her coat, but Steve held her down. Using one arm, he blindly cut on the lamp.

"You had a nightmare. Alright? It was all fake. Just a scary dream. I'm right here." He flashed her a smile, allowing her to nuzzle deep into his chest.

"But my life was Hell and nothing scared me like my nightmare did!" Diana threw her hands up, lightly slapping Steve in the process. "Sorry," she mumbled.

"Because you never killed your mother in real life." He yawned, his chest moving up and down. "And you'll never hurt her."

She looked up at him, probably seeming like a beast. Her hair was wild, the sweat made it looked like she'd taken a trip dancing in the rain, and her eyes were redder than the blood of a thousand puppies.

"I don't think I can ever fall asleep again."

Steve chuckled, patting her hair knowingly. "I mean, there are multiple methods. You could drink warm milk, or count sheep, or use one of those sleeping mask."