Christmas Lights

A/N: Requested by Relishboy Happy holidays! Sorry I've been somewhat spamming today, I just feel like I haven't been updating this book nearly enough.

Diana interlocked her fingers in Steve's. "Its magnificent," She breathed, looking at the shining lights.

"On Themyscira--"

"We never had this," Steve finished. "I know, I know. That's exactly why I'm bringing you here," He added with a wink.

Blushing, Diana giggled.

She did always compare the little things they did with Themyscira.

"The free hot chocolate was definitely a bonus," Steve commented as he took a sip of Diana's.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, looking up in his eyes. "Didn't you get your own?" She teased.

His ocean eyes only smiled back at her. "Can you blame me for finishing it? We got an extra small!"

Taking a long sip, Diana exhaled.

The chocolaty treat traveled through her body, slowly warming it up.

"Do you think you could make one of those lights? Like, would you like it as a career?" She suddenly asked as they approached a clutter of lights.

Steve rolled his eyes, a smile still on his lips. "That sounds exactly like what my high school teachers would ask!"

"But would you want to do?" Diana prodded.

"Uh...Sure. I'd rather be fighting along side you though. Maybe arranging some lights into a masterpiece like this would be fun, but it's not me. I seek adventure. Danger. Not building lights."

The girls blush only deepened. "Really?" She squeaked.

"Of course. There's a sense of pride when I know I've defeated someone, and doing it with you makes it all the more better. I love seeing your face light up as you finish a battle."

Staring at the ground, Diana placed the hot chocolate in Steve's hands.

"Wow, thanks. I didn't know you cared about saving lives so much," She yet again teased.

Steve clutched the drink. "I'll always care about saving lives. Just not everyone's. Not everyone can be saved."

Diana shrugged.

She knew it was too good to be true. Steve wouldn't just suddenly change and agree on every point of view she had. Still, she loved that. It would strike up an interesting conversation now and then.

"Woah, that's a big snowman."

Diana titled her head up.

It sure was big, and the lights were in every color of the rainbow.

"Those colors symbolize something. Like the blue, maybe he's sad. He's sad because he's cold. He's cold inside. His heart is freezing with hatred. He's sick of being a decoration that will melt sooner or later," Diana thought aloud.

"Well," Steve replied in amazement. "I mean...Sure. That's a cool idea. The last thing I have is hatred, especially when I'm with you."

Steve turned his gaze to a different light.

"Now that is small, but it's cool. It looks like they're seriously flying."

"Is that...Is that this Santa person you've been telling me about? And that must be Hancer and Tancer and that one is Dudolph, right?"

"Dudolph?" Steve repeated as he threw back his head in laughter. "Its Rudolph," he corrected. "Although Duldolph sounds better."

Stuffing her hands in her pockets, Diana smiled through her embarrassment.

"Ah...Rudolph. But that is Santa, yes? I thought he was, I dunno, bigger. You said he gets to eat milk and cookies all night."

"For one day, Christmas only last for one day," Steve explained. "Santa's a jolly old man! He's already big!"

"Is he though?" Diana gave Steve a strange look. "Realistically, to me, he seems skinny. I mean every single year he eats cookies. Every. Single. Year. Shouldn't he be bigger?"

"Fine! You win! He's huge!" Steve yelled, pecking her on the cheek. "If he's bigger, he can give out more loving."

"True!" Diana returned Steve's favor by coming in contact with his cheek. "Much more loving!"

Plopping down, Steve patted the patch of grass next to him. "Take a seat."

Diana obliged, setting herself next to him.

"Now they seem even higher up!" She yelled with fascination.

The couple both touched their extra small drink to warm up.

Steve smiled at this action, deciding to wrap his free arm around his loving girlfriend.

Diana snuggled herself down. Resting her head on his shoulder, she sighed dreamily.

"Steve, how is it that you always come up with the best date ideas? Everything you do is so incredibly romantic."

"Don't worry, I don't come up with these, I just watch too many romance movies," He joked as he closed his eyes.

"I could stay here forever," Diana murmured. "I could stay cuddled in your jacket while we look at this lights. Even if it's June and we get extremely hot here, I still wouldn't wish for anything else."

"You wouldn't?" Steve tested. "Not even if you became glued to the ground and all the lights fell down towards you, yet you couldn't move. You could only watch in horror as they crashed down."

"Stop! You're ruining it!" Diana complained, lightly slapping Steve's arm. Giggling, she relaxed herself. "When you put it that way, maybe it wouldn't be so romantic."

"There's always a second side to things," He remarked.

Their gazes each shifted to different displays in wonder.

Awestruck, Diana squeezed her hand around the cup.

"I never answered my question...I wouldn't want to do this. I wouldn't want to spend my time working on this. I'd much rather spend my time looking at it."

"That's good too," Steve mindlessly said. He was transfixed on the hundreds of tiny lights coming together to form a snowflake.

Diana was looking at a Christmas wreath flickering out. "Too bad it's on its last legs...Not literally, just...you know. Its about to go out."

"I know," Steve squeezed Diana's cheeks gently. "You don't have to always explain yourself. I'm use to you bursting out random thoughts."

Diana nestled deeper in between the folds of his coat. Despite what Steve had said, she still wanted this moment to last. Even if the models fell down, she wouldn't care, as long as she had Steve.