Angst

A/N: I only usually upload Fluff, but @martineeloren requested this! :) Sorry for the wait!

Diana sighed, her bags falling to the floor as she leaned against the table. "Steve! I'm home!"

No response.

"Steve?" Diana repeated, lowering her voice. He had never left her unannounced. 

The house was as silent as a mouse.

Carefully taking off her boots, Diana lowered her glasses. "Etta? Where's Steve?" 

Etta never was home though, she was busy running errands for Steve.

Perhaps they had just gone shopping together.

Pushing past the trash littering the floor, Diana stiffly made her way to Steve's room.

Asking Diana to sleep in the same room as Steve was straight out crazy.

Twisting the knob, she peered in.

His room was like another world. It was decorated to seem like a cozy cabin, and it was defiantly the warmest of the house.

Diana frowned. Why had she never been in here before? They were a couple, she should've seen his room. 

And why did he get all the heating? He knew it was Diana that needed the heat, on Themyscira, they never had any cold.

Diana turned to leave.

Steve was in the doorway. His eyes were captivating. He was hurt.

"Diana...Why are you looking through my things?" He finally asked, pulling his gloves off. "I know you're not use to men, but snooping through their things is not the best answer."

"Maybe because you never had the balls to show me this room," Diana couldn't hide the bitterness in her voice. 

Snooping? All she had done was open the door, and she should've been used to this room. This should've been her one hundredth time in his room, not her first. After two years of dating this was where he was spending all his time? This is where he didn't want her to be?

"Hey, what are you talking about?" Steve held Diana's hand carefully. "Of course I would've given you a tour of this room...Your wish is my command. I just didn't think you were ready for this—"

"Not ready!" Diana yelled, sneaking her hand away. "Not ready!" She's repeated, the shock thick in her voice. "Oh yeah I'm totally not ready! Heck, I'm ready to fight Ares! Looking in my boyfriends room shouldn't be that big of a challenge!"

Steve backed away. Throwing his shirt over his shoulder, he sighed. "Well I have to get into my pajamas...If you don't mind, I wouldn't want a weird alien princess watching me do that."

"Weird alien princess? I'll have you know I am Diana, princess of the Amazon's. The last thing I am is weird. Strange, maybe, but weird?"

"Yes weird. What, did I dampen your big ego?" He scoffed, shoving his way into the room.

Fighting had never been a thing Diana and Steve fought over.

She didn't want to fight.

"Steve...Maybe we need a break from each other?" Diana asked in a small voice that sounded as if it belonged to a four year old.

"Uh, yeah, that's a good idea," Steve mumbled. "Um...Well you know the way out," He awkwardly commented, slamming the door.

Diana sucked in a shaky breath.

A break? What was she possibly thinking. She couldn't handle a moment without Steve; she needed him.

"Oh Love, I heard you calling out for me!" Etta yelled, scurrying up with a tray of cookies. "Steve wanted me to buy these, isn't Betty Crocker lovely? What can I do for you?"

Diana shook her head, picking at one of the treats. "Thanks Etta, but all I need you to do is stop. Stop working for Steve. He doesn't deserve you. He doesn't deserve me. Gosh, I wouldn't even care if he died in a plane crash right at this moment!"

"Eh, love, aren't you being a little too harsh...? Perhaps it's just that time of the month," Etta suggested.

"What?" Diana asked, puzzled. "It's seven twenty at night."

"Oh never mind. What makes you so mad at Steve?"

"He doesn't think I'm ready for him. I don't know how I possibly fell for him! He's just like the other men; like the men that hurt my sister's."

"Woah there--"

"Don't 'woah me'! I am not being judgmental!"

III
Two months later.

After spending the past months at a hotel, Diana was sick of only eating instant noodles and to pop tarts.

So that's how she found herself outside of Steve's house, a suitcase in her hand.

Cautiously opening the door, Diana looked in.

"Ste--"

A man with hair that strikingly resembled Steve's was kissing another girl.

The girl was blonde and had on a dress two sizes too small.

The man pulled away.

His eyes were just like Steve's. They were a deep ocean blue.

It had to be Steve.

"Steve, who is this?" The younger girl asked, straightening herself up from the floor.

"I'm Wonder Woman, also known as Steve's girlfriend," Diana hissed.

Turning to Steve, her face turned red with anger. "A simple break doesn't mean you go out and cheat on me!"

"Go back to your new home," Steve spat out as he wrapped his arms around the girl.

"New home?! We both live here!"

"Then where have you been for the past two months?" He retorted, narrowing his eyes.

"At a hotel, and I'll have you know that it's certainly not a home," Diana lowered her voice. "Steve I don't love you a fraction of what I use to, but I still need a place to sleep at."

The petite girl pouted. "Okay super-freak, Steve never mentioned a girlfriend."

"Because you knew you couldn't get me back! You knew I was too good for you!" Diana directed this at Steve, not the girl.

"I love Sylvia more than you, so you can calm down."

"Sylvia? What is she, Sylvia Browne? That fake-ass sidekick you told me about?" Her eyes landed back on the girl. "I wouldn't be surprised, her boobs sure do look fake. Almost as fake as Sylvia's predictions."

"They are not fake!" Steve lied. Holding his head higher, he puffed out his chest. "I would kill you without a second thought."

"If you could kill me, I'm made of clay. Have you been so busy with this thing," she pointed at Sylvia, "That you forgot I'm clay."

"Then why don't you shape yourself into a goddamn car and drive away! We don't want you hear!"

Gasping, Diana turned away. "Fine. You won't be seeing me anymore."

"Good! I don't want to see you for another second!"

He truly didn't want to; after that evening the couple never acknowledged each other again.