Dinner Date Fluff

A/N: Merry Christmas and happy New Year! GUYS! How did we get 460 reads already?! I can't thank you enough!

"Care to explain what events delayed our dinner?" Diana asked, slowly picking up her wine glass. "It took 45 minutes for me to get all dressed up."

"You're barely wearing any makeup, Diana."

"I know! I kept putting on loads of cosmetics, but realized it was just a waste of time. You're not very fancy yourself, but you showed up twenty minutes late."

Steve reached out for a piece of the bread, dipping it into the melted butter. "I know. They were playing a Christmas Carol, I was forced to sit through and watch the whole thing, which resulted in me coming late," He teased with a wink. "In all seriousness, I got lost."

Diana nodded without further comment on this. Something told her the love of her life was lying, but it wasn't like he'd been out with another lady.

"It's so peaceful out here. And quiet." She cocked her head to the man playing the harp. "As soon as I came, he lowered the music. I have to say it sounds nicer now."

"I'd still rather go to Taco Bell," He chuckled. "Next time let me pick our date, alright? This suit is killing me."

"Oh you're uncomfortable? You should try wearing my dress!" She exclaimed, looking into her purse. "But I ended up grabbing a sweater, just in case." 

Steve wanted much more than a shirt. Looking into the eyes of his true match, he knew exactly what he wanted. He wanted Diana to be happy, and once she got his gift, she would be overjoyed.

"Thanks," He bit into the now soggy bread. "This is so buttery," Steve remarked between chews.

"I can only imagine." Diana leaned in closer, her chin resting on the palm of her hand. "I'm sorry for dragging us out here. The food isn't even that good and--" She waved her hands around, "They're trying to hard, aren't they? This seems like something the Amazons would enjoy. It's a vast, open area. But that's the thing! It's so vacant."

"Because the food sucks," To emphasize his point, he set down the bread. "But it's the thought that counts."

Steve reached out, his hand falling on top of hers. He gave it a small squeeze. "There's nowhere I'd rather be than right here, with you. Even if we can't hear the music, it's way too chilly, and the food is too soft, I'm still glad you took us here."

"Why?"

"Because that way I can be with you."

Diana giggled, her fingers interlocking with Steve's. She was filled with all different types of emotions. When Steve flattered her like this, the Amazon was a muddy puddle of happiness. He made it obvious he hated her choice of dinner, but he was still happy to be in her company.

"Steve you're way too nice. Next time we'll eat at home, and I'll bring McDonalds." Diana flashed a signal at musician. "Play some Christmas-y stuff! It's Xmas Eve!"

"Christmas eve, huh?" It was the perfect doorway for Steve to bust out the ring he'd bought only hours earlier. "Did I tell you about all the Christmas traditions yet?"

"You told me it was the season of giving. And you told me it's the most wonderful time of the year." She delicately sipped the red wine. "I'll give you all the love in the world for Christmas. I mean, you've already got tons of loving, but on Christmas I will make sure everyone falls in love with you."

"That'll be hard," He muttered under his breath. "But yes, you're correct. It's all about giving. And there are tons of things you can give people, not just love. Of course love is the best out of all the gifts, although there are thousands of things to get."

Diana jerked her thumb over to the restroom. "I gotta go, tell the waiter I want chicken soup...If our waiter didn't go home by now, I haven't seen her anywhere."

Steve followed her gaze to the door. Right smack dab on the ceiling above the door was a mistletoe. He jumped up, his knee banging against the small table. "I'll come with you."

Luckily the superhero didn't question this. She looked slightly pleased by the fact that her boyfriend was sticking with her, even going as far as to walk her to the restroom.

Before Diana was able to open the door, Steve pushed her up against his own body.

"There's one last tradition I forgot to tell you," He whispered with a wink. "It's the mistletoe."

She opened her mouth to question what they actually did under the mistletoe, but he didn't give her the chance. He pecked at her lips.

Diana melted with his touch. She closed her eyes, fighting the urge to ruin the moment with a laugh. Americans and their special little way of doing things. Wasn't enjoying the comfort of your family and making others happy enough? Did they seriously have to share a kiss now?

Not that she was complaining, she felt great. Another kiss wasn't too bad.

Although it only lasted for about five seconds, she knew the memory would stick with her forever. She'd never forget her first Christmas kiss, it was way too good to be true.

"Thank you," Diana breathed. "For all of this. Come on, all I ordered was bread. I'll leave a twenty on the table and we'll make a getaway. You look so unhappy here."

"Do I? I'm the happiest man ever!" He yelled, taking out his own wallet. "I've got it, Amazonian. Although I'm not entirely sure McDonalds has decorated for Christmas...this may be the only place we can kiss in."

She knew he was joking but Diana wouldn't mind a few more kisses herself.

"And last time, I checked you couldn't buy these at a fast food chain," He slid the Ruby ring onto her finger. "Diana, this is the real reason I was late. I got it at Toys R Us, since they have the cheapest line of jewelry. I figured that with the high-tech bracelets, you didn't care for the quality. This is my gift to you. I mean..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "This came out all wrong. I do love you."

"You're not my Sugar Daddy," She teased. "I'll be fine with a Toys Us R ring."

"Toys R Us," He corrected, dropping the money in their waiters hands. "Now let's get a move on, I could really use some french fries."

"I could really use another hour or two with you," Diana linked her arm through his happily. "This is my best Christmas."

"That's what you'll say about next year's Christmas."

"I know," She nodded with a small smile. For all the years to come, she would claim them as her best holiday. It was true. Steve always knew how to make her happy, especially on Christmas. Every one would be all the more enjoyable than the last.