Amusement Park Fluff

"Gosh...that's a big teddy bear," Diana commented, pointing at the prize in awe.

"And it's all yours if you can get three balls in the glass," The manager of the game prodded, leaning in close. "Maybe the man in this relationship would like to get you it?"

"Meh...I'll pass," Steve answered. "C'mon D, they've got plenty of other things to amuse us."

Diana pouted. It wasn't every day she was face to face with such a big stuffed animal.

"Actually, I would like to play."

"You think it's safe? I mean, it is awfully dark outside," She warned. It was true, the only way she could make out the others faces was from the glint of light inside.

"I'm doing this for you."

Diana was suddenly comforted. Sure, it was extremely chilly and her hair kept hitting her face, but the fact that Steve cared enough to play this rigged game was nice.

The man took out five red balls. "It's all yours. That'll be ten dollars."

Steve's jaw hardned, his eyes burning into the dollar bills. This wasn't just a game to him, it was a way to prove himself to Diana.

"Uh, Steve, the first step to buying something is handing over the money," His girlfriend teased, lightly nudging him.

Steve realized he was tightly clutching the money, not allowing the man to take it.

"Is everyone a winner?" He found himself asking as he still gripped his money.

"If everyone was a winner, life would be too easy."

Diana frowned. "But Mister, trying is reason enough to get a prize. Right? I mean, they cared enough to give their time towards--"

"Honey, the kid games could use you over there. What's the point in winning if everyone else does?"

Now it was Diana's turn to be angry. She turned on her heel. "If that's the way you think then you should be ashamed!"

"You sound like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. And I'm sure Dorothy would just love this bear."

Diana's boyfriend followed her away from the booth, his brows furrowing.

"Look, I don't want to start a fight. I don't want to start anything between us, but some losers don't deserve to win."

"How so?"

"An argument of yours was that they gave their time. Not everyone is good, and some people cheat. If they cheat, it's a good thing they didn't win."

She whipped around to face him. Though Diana was ready to protest, her heart wasn't in it. Plus, Steve made her soften. You could get lost in his calm ocean eyes.

"I...I know," The girl quietly muttered. "Do you think they sell ice cream here?"

Steve chuckled, looping his arm in hers. "Of course that's your first concern!"

"What can I say, I'm hungry! And cotton candy sticks to my teeth and dissolves too quickly!"

"Ice cream melts as soon as it touches your mouth!"