First Date Fluff

A/N: Hey guys! I should've made this fluff a long time ago. It seems like one of the more obvious ideas, huh? I'll try getting out a few Valentines themed fluffs as well :)

Diana looked at the girl in the mirror.

It was still her.

She couldn't help but let a sigh escape. In every movie, book, show, and any other form of entertainment, the girl 'didn't recognize herself.'

Sure, maybe Diana's lips were darker, and maybe her hair had been put in a bun, but that was all. Wisp of hair were already escaping the style she'd spent at least twenty minutes on.

Her crimson red sweater hung loosely around the girls body. Steve didn't tell her where they'd be headed, just that he wanted her to dress casual. Though everything in her closet was casual, and she wanted to have something special on.

"Etta, do you think this is what Steve would like?"

Etta looked up from the dozens of magazines surrounding her. "Of course, love. Red's a nice color on you." Etta went back to scanning the pages, until she landed on a pair of glasses.

"Are you wearing glasses to the date? Because you really need this pair. Sorry, Love, but your other pair is kind of bland."

"What do we do on dates?" Diana suddenly asked, pushing the Elle magazines away so she could take a seat. "Besides eat."

The shorter of the two girls grinned. "I just hope he tries to kiss you. D, you've been on millions of dates. He just hasn't called it one."

Diana nodded. It was five or so minutes after seven. Steve wanted to meet in fifteen minutes.

She bolted out the door, slinging a backpack over her shoulder. She could never be too prepared. Diana had a knife in her back pocket, and two knives in her bag.

She whipped out her phone, already calling Steve. "I'm on my way right now. Where were we going? The park? Or the cafe?"

"Uh, where are you? We're meeting outside the shoe store."

The shoe store? For a date? This wasn't like anything Etta had described.

"Diana, are you still there?"

"I um . . . I'm still here. Which shoe store?" She asked, attempting to mask the disappointment from her voice.

Steve could still tell she was sad, though.

"No, Diana!" He chuckled lightly. "That's not where our date was. I just don't want to give away the location yet." She could imagine him grinning from ear to ear. "It's the store right around the corner."

"Oh okay. I'll be there in five minutes." She breathed a sigh of relief, and hung up.

Etta ran after Diana, nearly tripping down the stairs from her heels. She was yelling something, but Diana couldn't make out the words.

"You didn't bring your shoes! Or your dress!"

"My dress?" Diana was appalled. "He said dress casual, Etta. And you can barely walk in heels, why should I?"

Etta shook her head in a 'where did we go wrong' kind of way. "Please, Diana. He's only saying that. You guys will probably go on a romantic boat during the sunset. Just put this in your bag."

She nodded, and reluctantly stuffed the items deep in her backpack. "Whatever, Etta. I still don't understand what a date is!" She pointed at the people laying on the grass, their hands clasped. "Is that what a date is?"

"Exactly. But you guys will kiss. I'm sure of it." Etta threw her a pack of gum, and a sample of perfume. "At least try to look like . . . y'know."