Lucy [ V ]

"Ok, so, get ready for this one

"Ok, so, get ready for this one."

"I'm ready."

"Are you sure, because this is a really good one and I want you to be ready."

"I'm ready!"

"Ok," you take a moment of silence to create some tension and Lucy rolls her eyes. You've been spending the last two hours telling each other horrible jokes and Lucy thinks you're taking this way too seriously. "How do you-no wait..."

You look up from the ground to glare at Lucy when you notice she's laughing at you. "Do you want me to tell the joke or not?"

"Yes, yes!" Chuckles the Valiant Queen, "please continue."

"What do you call a centaur that always wants to be in the spotlight?"

For a moment Lucy doesn't say a thing, she doesn't even laugh. Instead you can almost hear the gears in her head turning, trying to find a solution to the riddle. After a while Lucy shakes her head, giving up. "I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one-"

You interrupt her with the answer because you're no longer able to keep it from her, "the centaur of attention..."

Lucy raises an eyebrow, trying to look unimpressed but you can see a small quirk curving her lips. You however can't hold stop laughing at your own joke and start nudging her with your elbow. "Come on, it was a good one!"

Lucy breathes a laugh, "you should tell it to Glenstorm."

Your eyes widen, breath hitches in your throat, "oh no, I don't think he would laugh at all. Last time I told him a centaur joke he made it his job to embarrass me in front of all other centaurs and the whole royal court. Longest week of my life."

"I remember that," chuckles the Queen, grinning at the memory, "I've never seen Peter laugh so much in his life."

"oh, shut it." You pick up a small stone from the ground and throw it at her but it misses. However, your failed attempt doesn't go unnoticed by the Valiant Queen and she throws the thing back at you, hitting your arm.

You rub the -now red- spot and look at Lucy in disbelief. She shrugs, but their is a lingering smile of victory on her lips. There's no way you'll ever admit your defeat, so instead you try and change the subject.

"Now you tell a joke." You throw an innocent smile her way when the brunette looks at you like she knows exactly what you're doing. "Come on, the ones from your world are funnier!"

After a while of looking into your puppy eyes Lucy gives in. "Alright then, but only if you tell the joke to Glenstorm."

You let out a deep sigh, "do I have to?" Lucy nods, an amused smile on her lips as you throw your head back in annoyance and let out a groan. "You're so evil, you know that?"

Lucy just shrugs and extends her hand for you to shake, "do we have a deal?"

You shake her hand but not with as much enthousiasme as Lucy. "Deal."