Chapter 1- His Princess

Start bij het begin

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Not bad..."

"What's wrong?" I asked, I looked at him and could tell something was wrong.

"Nothing, why?" He asked, not bothering to look at me.

Lies

"If something is bothering you, please tell me. It's not good to keep stuff to yourself." I said, "Plus, you know I'll find out eventually." He sighed.

"I know... " he said as he slouched a little. "I didn't want to tell you but, you'll find out soon enough." I cocked my head at his comment.

What did he mean to find out soon enough? I asked myself.

"The Savior is panning on inviting more people to Magenta." He said. I could tell by his voice and his eyes that he was upset about it.

"Who are these people?" I asked, "Do you know them?"

"... She wants to invite the members of the RFA." my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked, shocked, "Why? Were they not the people who caused her so much pain."

"Yes, I don't understand why either." He sighed.

"Isn't... He, part of the RFA as well?" I asked, making sure not to bring up his name. His gloved hands balled into fists.

"Yes..." He said through gritted teeth.

"He's not invited, is he?"

"No.... I don't think he is. The Savior says that I have much more potential than he does." Ray reached out and lifted up a wilting blue rose..

"That's because you do..." His lips curled into a broken smile.

"Thank you... (Y/n)..." I smiled.

"Of course. I speak the truth." He let go of the blue rose letting it wilt back down. His lips also wilted into his normal frown.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"We'll contact her tomorrow morning and bring her here. She'll stay on the third floor." He said, "I will install the Messenger onto her phone. The Savior wants me to tell her that it is simply a game and I am the programmer. The mission is to host a party. There we will not only be able to get all the RFA members but the people they invite as well."

"It's a girl?" I asked he nodded. My stomach dropped. There weren't many girls in our everlasting paradise. There was our Savior, me, and a few believers, that's it. I chewed on my inner lip as I thought about what might happen.

"What's wrong princess?" Ray asked.

"Nothing..." I said.

"If you're worried about her don't. She'll be here for a few days, then we can get rid of her. There's nothing to worry about." He said as he patted my head which was a jester he often did. "Don't worry." His touch melted my worries away.

"Okay...." I said as I walked over to the stone bench and sat down.

My mind was buzzing with questions, questions like; how long was she going to be here for? Why did the savior choose her?  My thoughts were interrupted by a gloved hand being reached out to me. I looked up to have my (e/c) orbs meet his mint green ones. His hand reached out to me further beckoning me to take it, so I did.

I was lifted to my feet. Thinking I was about to fall I instinctually lifted my hands up but instead of meeting the ground the hand that was not in Ray's gloved hand was placed onto his chest.
One of Ray's hands were placed onto my lower back, while the other hand that held mine delicately was lifted up above my shoulders in an L shape and our bodies were pressed up against each other's.
My eyes widened in shock, however Ray's facial expression the total opposite. His lips were curled into a smile, his eyes tired but still had a spark to them.
His facial expression melted away my tenseness and my body turned into a puppet for Ray to do whatever he pleased.

Ray took a step forward forcing me to take a step back. He took a step to the left, so did I. He took a step back, I took a step forward and before I knew it we were dancing around the white gazebo.
Left, forward, right, back, two steps forward, repeat.
The initial shock wore off and the awkwardness of the situation melted away leaving us both smiling like idiots.

Left, forward, right, back, two steps forward, repeat.
Those words repeated in my mind as we danced and twirled around the stone structure. I felt my chest start to swell with happiness. True happiness. Happiness that can only come from being around someone you care for deeply, from being around someone you love. I lips parted and I let a soft giggle escape my lips as we continued to move in sync.

Left, forward, right, back- Ray took a small step back and lifted up my arm and around in circle resulting in me doing a spin. He pulled me forward to get rid of the gap that had formed between us but pulled a little too hard.
My eyes widened as I fell backward. I squeezed my eyes shut as I braced for impact but it never came. I slowly opened my eyes for them only to be met with Ray's intoxication mint green eyes.
His face was about an inch away from mine and his arms were wrapped around my waste. My eyes widened and my face flushed red, Ray's did the same.
Ray's eyes widened and he pulled me to my feet.

"Sorry (Y/n), I always ruin the mome--"

"Ray, it's fine," I said with a smile. He looked at me, his lips back to their usual frown. I sighed trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.
"I never knew you could dance," I said without thinking. He just nodded and rubbed his arm in embarrassment. All of a sudden  a cold breeze went by. I shivered a little from the cold air hitting my bare shoulders only to feel something warm wrap around me.
I looked over to Ray who placed his magenta jacket over my shoulders.

"Here," he said as he let go of it, leaving it draped over my shoulders.

"I'm fine," I said as I tried to take it off only to not be allowed.

"You'll catch a cold," he said.

"And you won't?" I asked as I tried again.

"If I do it doesn't matter. I don't want you to get sick."

"And I don't want you to get sick," I said. Ray sighed a frustrated and hopeless sigh.

"Then I guess we should go inside." I nodded, "I'll walk you to your room." I turned around and walked away, Ray following behind.

As soon as I got to my room I opened my door. I turned around and took Ray's jacket off of my shoulders, handing it to him. "Thanks," I said with a smile, "We should do that more often." his cheeks turned a faint pink from my comment. I chuckled, "Get some sleep, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight princess."

"Night Ray."

______________________
Word Count: 1736

Welcome to all my new or returning roses, how are you all?
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Mint Green With Envy. I'm hoping to update every day but as most of you know, I don't always follow that rule. Anyway, I hope you continue to read and enjoy this book.