Question: Do I like all musicals?

Answer: No. I do like Broadway in general, but there are shows that I dislike.

I know EVERYONE in the Broadway community will hate me for this but: I didn't enjoy Be More Chill. I liked Micheal in The Bathroom, but... who doesn't. But I like it because I first heard it sung by Will Roland (Jared in Dear Evan Hansen). I also can tolerate I Love Play Rehearsal mostly because it's relatable to me. Also, I just think it isn't that catchy. Also, the first line ticked me off to know end: "I'm waiting for my porno to load" because the thought of guys watching porn makes me want to punch everything (except Broadway stars and playbills, obviously). That honestly kinda ruined the show for me. Oh, and I know I'm a gamer and stuff, but that portion made me bored and made me want to stop and play Uncharted or Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, instead of listening to that. Okay, so, BMC fans, don't murder me.

I know everyone thinks: "If you don't listen to older Broadway, then you aren't really a Broadway fan." To that I say, not entirely. I haven't always been a fan, it all started with Hamilton in early 2017. I know it's late, but I always wanted to see a Broadway show and be in a play, Hamilton just started the obsessive part. Anyways, I like old Broadway but I'm more of a Contemporary musical kind of gal. 

Also, I don't dislike anything but Be More Chill, but there are musicals I haven't listened to, but want to. Here are a few:

-Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 (The Great Comet for short)

-Anastasia (no, not the movie)

-Wicked (I know, kept forgetting)

-Come from Away 

-Chicago (HE HAD IT COMING)

-School of Rock - The Musical

-Aladdin (again, not the movie)

-Newsies (not the movie, also I just realized Mike Faist was in it, though not the reason I want to)

I know it's a lot, but I LOVE Broadway with a passion. You legit should see my Spotify list, it's a lot of musicals. Let me go over the ones I have listened to:

-Hamilton

-Dear Evan Hansen

-In The Heights

-Be More Chill (ugh)

-Amelie

-Heathers-The Musical

-Waitress

-Fun Home (Halfway through)

I know I'm ruled by musicals, but frankly I couldn't care less. It's the best thing that has every happened to me. Excuse me while I get deep: It made my worse year better, I flipped the switch and brightened up my darkest day(s). (I'll leave that reference up to you

BTW someone today told me that Hamilton "isn't real music" and I wanted to backhand her. *cough* @taken2-2-18 *cough*

Anyways, that's an "and scene" to this segment of My Theater Obsession. I will cover more things. Um... Ask me questions about theater things you want to know about me. Uh... Bye!