Slow-Motion

-All alone I watch you watch her like shes the only girl you've ever seen.-

These flashing lights should make my heart race and my feet move, but my whole body has turned to stone. The veins that were once filled with blood seem hollow. The music is loud and fast, but everyone here has come to a halt. The crowd parted and there you are, smiling at a glistening face that isn't mine. She's beautiful. Her hair is glowing with the red and blue lights reflecting off of every golden strand. Everyone begins moving slowly and she's dancing. My chest sinks as I lose my breath. Her eyes are closed and she's got the most perfect smile as she spins in front of you. Watching her here in slow motion, her skirt flaring up with the momentum of the the turn, I understand why you chose her over me.

Your grin fades as you slowly shift your focus from her to me. Your eyebrows raise and here, you become stone, too. We're locked in this moment, with the rest of the world stuck in slow motion. She's twirling at your fingertip but your eyes are locked in mine. The music has left my ears and all that is audible is the sound of my heart breaking. It sounds like a sheet of glass hitting the pavement. I know that you love her. I know that she makes you happier than I ever could.

I can see the stone that surrounds you begin to crack right before it breaks off. It bursts off of you but is caught and suspended in the air above. Your shoulders turn to me first and your legs follow. I can hear a faint static buzz beginning to grow. You maneuver around the people surrounding you, keeping your eyes locked to mine. Half-way to me you stop and stare. The static in this room is starting to spark. Everyones stuck in slow motion with electricity surrounding and flying around us at the speed of light. The space between you and me is a clear path. The buzz is getting louder and louder.

fin.