Untitled Until Further Notice

-Maybe in some other lifetime or somewhere down the road we might meet up at the right time-

Every year we end up on this same bridge looking at the small river flowing beneath us. The red paint is cracking and our initials are starting to fade out of the old rotting wood. It's interesting to imagine all the things this small bridge has seen. All of the kids running across it at full speed to get to the park, the teenagers laughing as they flick their cigarette butts off it into the water below, the elderly couples who take their morning stroll through here- Our story seems so small in comparison.

Dangling our feet off this bridge, leaning back on our palms, my fingers are almost touching yours. I can feel the static between them, like an invisible string that's trying to pull them together. My hand wants to give in and place itself over yours but now isn't the time for that.

We've been quiet for a while and you seem like you're about to speak but you just clear your throat instead. I turned my head to look at you and I can tell you're trying hard to not face me back. "I'm sorry." I mumble, though it isn't my fault this time. You're leaving and there's nothing I can really do to stop that.

You kind of sigh and nod your head. I know my words don't really mean anything when we haven't progressed in years. Your eyes are pointed downward now and they're glazing over showing me you're thinking but you wont let me in. These are the moments that I think it's a curse that we think privately.

You go to speak and my heart rate picks up. "You know, I've known where this was going for years. We've never quite found the right time and now just isn't it either and that's okay."

As you're speaking I'm turning away and trying to readjust my focus onto the leaves swaying on the trees surrounding us. I try to focus on the quiet peace that comes with nature. I think about how this will probably be the last time I see the leaves this color until next year. I think about how this will probably be the last time I see you until next year.

ahhhh hi humans i probably wont finish this ok bye