//15//

'

'

- Nicki Minaj -
Miami, Florida
Nicki's crib
11:39 am

'

I opened the front door to my stylist standing there holding a plastic covering and Starbucks drinks.

"I picked up one for you as well it's a caramel frap you'll love it," he said walking inside and towards the kitchen as I closed the door then followed him, "So what's up? Why isn't your hair done the red carp-"

"Um... Maher", I paused to sip the drink he had brought me "I'm not going."

"What do you mean? your fans have been hounding me all week about your outfit for tonight award show speaking of which..." He answered while unzipping the covering revealing a red embroidered gown that instantly made my mouth part staring at it.

"Nicki!"

Our heads snapped towards Bey. Maher does a double take as I grinned after taking another sip of my drink.

"I-its Bbeyonce, you're Beyoncé! Oh my god! how are you?" He spoke frantically.

"I'm good and you?" she responded in that southern accent of hers.

"Why didn't you tell me Beyoncé was here?" He mouthed "Like that is something a person should be notified about prior; I'm freaking out."

"You're such a little groupie." I teased as he zipped up the dress then stared at her.

"Can I get an autograph or-"

I laughed at him, this is the second time he's gone into fan mode when meeting one of my celeb friends, my phone started buzzing as I go into the next room to talk.

"Hello Cookie, I need a favor from you." my mom greeted on the phone.

"What now, I just answered your favor like two weeks ago so what's good?" I reminded, taking a seat in my office room.

"Well, I need you to answer another this time, it's important, and who are you saying 'what's good' to? you're never too old to get knocked the hell out, don't play with me." she replied as I hold back laughter, black moms don't play.

"How much do you need this time?"

"$137,000."

"Yikes! What do you plan on buying with that much cuz I hope not another house when I already spent mad coins buying you the one out in-"

"Sell it and give me the money..." she quickly cut me off.

I rolled my eyes "-but mommy I thought you liked the hous-"

"I do it's wonderful but I really need this money baby it's important!" she emphasized on the word 'important' as I sigh in defeat cuz I'm always looking out for my close friends and family, always, but sometimes I feel as if I'm being taking advantage of by them.

"The money will be transferred to your card by tomorrow," I told her "Anything else you need?"

"No, that's all thank you, bye baby, I love you."

"I love you too, mommy," I uttered as my office door swung open as Beyoncé appeared, "Did Maher leave?"

She tossed a Kleenex on the desk splattering a few of my pills around "You left these." she said after carelessly throwing my shit.

"Thanks!" I mumbled sarcastically before collecting them.

"What do you mean 'thanks' do you know people have died from using that?"

"Don't start..."

"Then stop taking these."

"Don't you think I would if I could but they are the only thing keeping me sane," I explained while looking down at the pills in my hand "They're my happy pills."

Everyone has different ways of coping with stress in Hollywood this was mine.

"Are you serious? Did you not hear me people have died while taking that shit," Bey repeated as I reached over pulling her onto my lap by her arm.

"I had more than these," I whispered after counting them,  "Here try one-" I offered, licking out my tongue that had a pill on it.

"No!" She hissed trying to leave as I stopped her.

"Damn, chill, this is my first time taking these this month, it's not like I'm popping pills every day," I lied.

"You'll stop?"

"Yeah."

"Promise me."

I stared at her not believing she was seriously making a big deal about this as if the majority of the industry isn't on something, I wasn't going to stop as I said I needed these they were my coping mechanism.

"If it makes you shut up, I will," I added as she only smiled so I continued "Now come back to bed..."

'

'

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment💬 Vote🌟 Add this story to your library📚 and share with your friends and followers