//14//

.

-Beyoncé Knowles -
Miami, Florida
Nicki's Mansion
8:18 am

.

"Ight! see you later." I heard as I woke from a good sleep staring around the bedroom–parts of my body still ached from yesterday's brawl with Jay.

"Well, good morning!" Nicki greeted while leaning in the doorway with a tray of food in hand "Did you sleep well?"

I sat up while rubbing a hand over my sore muscles "Was that Meek?"

She set the tray on the glass nightstand then smacked her lips together "Why are you worried about my man?" She tried joking as I got the tray before she said: "Yep! that was him leaving to hit up the studio early."

"Jay, use to tell me that same exact thing when he really was going to cheat..." I admitted after taking a sip of orange juice. I looked at her after as she's staring hard like she wanted to say something smart-mouthed to defend 'her man' emphasis on those words.

"Let's leave out talking about Meek while we're together," she suggested while joining me in bed.

"Do you love him?" I questioned between eating; I haven't had breakfast in bed in a long time.

"If I knew I'd be interviewed this morning I would've dressed for the occasion," she laughed as I restrain from rolling my eyes at her trying to make a joke out of my very serious question, "Look at you being jealous..." she accused running her hand through my hair I just sighed as she continued, "To answer your question-"

"To answer my question," I repeated as she pressed her lips together staring down at my food tray "It's okay if you do."

She laid back in bed running her hand over my back as I ate; she stopped once she heard the screeching noise of the front door.

"Nic!" he called.

"Yeah..." She answered.

"I left my keys."

"They should be on the kitchen counter, babe," she replied as I finished up on my food feeling her wandering hand still on me as she spoke to him.

"Oh! Got' em imma call you when I get to the studio, okay?"

"Yeah, sure... you do that," she answered as the sound of the front door screeches again indicating he had left back out.

"What was that?" I asked sitting the tray aside.

"Us not getting caught." she giggled, pulling me down with her as we kissed.

"Thanks for breakfast." I thanked as she smiled before sitting up and clicking buttons on a remote which sent a huge flat screen television rising from the floor.