Warning

Fred P.O.V.

I gasped as hands flew over my eyes. "Don't move," an unfamiliar voice whispered in my ear. Something cold and hard was placed against my neck. I shuddered violently, trying to keep my breathing steady. Adrenaline dashed through me, my heart beating wildly. What was happening? I hand itched for my wand.

"Put your hands in front of you," The voice said, putting pressure on my neck. I shakily proceeded, putting my hands in front of me. Were they holding a knife against my throat?

"Close your eyes." The person demanded. I breathed in deeply, closing my eyes. My hands shook violently, my legs feeling like jelly. Where was George when you needed him?

"One more thing, just know, you were never in harm's way. Trust Y/n's guardian angel." With that, the knife clattered onto the bedside table. Hands disappeared from my eyes, a pop echoing in the small room. Something light fluttered into my arms.

I opened my eyes carefully, looking toward the bedside table, worried. I held back a laugh as I saw their weapon. I thought it was a knife, but a shining, harmless spoon sat there. In my open hands was a letter. There was a brown envelope with no markings. I carefully tore it open, not knowing what to expect.

Inside was a paper; words scrawled diagonally across it in big black letters.

DO NOT TRUST MAX!

DO NOT LET HIM STEAL Y/N!

DO NOT LET HIM BE ALONE WITH Y/N THIS COMING THURSDAY AT 12:34 PM!

(I tried to warn Y/n, but she hasn't opened up the letter since she met Maxwell. She'll open the letter today, but she's going to disregard the message.)

Sincerely,

Y/n's Guardian Angel.

I looked at the letter in suspicion. Max didn't seem dangerous. The letters Y/n had received so far had been good news, and almost scarily accurate. Y/n was spending a lot of time with Maxwell lately, putting a lot of strain on the troublemaking trio. I stared at the letter, expecting the words to disappear. Instead of fading, more words appeared at the bottom.

Share this letter with George!

I blinked rapidly. Footsteps came up the stairwell, George appearing at the door. "You coming or what?" He asked impatiently, tapping his foot.

I turned to him, waving the brown letter. "Come read."

George sighed, walking towards me and harshly grabbing the letter. He paused, staring at my hands. "You're shaking. What happened?" He glanced around the room, his eyes landing on the spoon. "Oh, don't tell me someone threatened you with a spoon!"

"Um, Nah, I'm just weirded out by the letter!" I gave a half-ass excuse, gesturing towards the letter. He didn't need to know about my encounter.

He turned his attention to the letter, looking it over expectantly. "This is wayyyy too specific. This is weird." He began pacing, his fingers on his chin.

I nodded, looking at him expectantly. "What should we do?" I grabbed my wand from the bed, placing it in my pocket. Straightening up my robes and glancing one more time at the spoon, I convinced myself I was ready to go.

"We need to watch and hear on Thursday. If we intervene, we'll never know why we're being warned." George set the letter on my bedside table, the ink disappearing. I nodded warily, biting my lip. This was unnerving me more than anything else.