Horseshoe eye

Y/n P.O.V.

Ever wonder how you get into extraordinarily bizarre situations? Hold on. I should probably rephrase that. My whole life is full of strange circumstances after meeting Fred and George.

Have you ever found yourself covering for two friends who skipped class to wrangle centaurs?

No? Well, me neither. The two friends part of that sentence are entirely out of the question. They're full-blown maniacs by now.

"Now Y/n, can you tell me exactly where the Weasley Twins are?" Professor Snape questioned.

I shook my head, keeping my eyes trained on the floor. The carpet could become extremely interesting when you were avoiding a teacher's gaze.

"We're right here, Professor." George appeared suddenly in the doorway.

"Care to explain why you failed to show up to class?" Snape questions, taking a menacing step forward.

"Nope!" Fred walked behind George; a hat pulled ridiculously low over his face. I glanced at him, noticing slightly different coloration of the skin. Yellow? Green?

"An extra hour added to your detention and 20 pointed deducted from Gryffindor." Snape snapped, twirling around. He stalked towards his desk, glancing back at us. He waved his hands in a "shoo" gesture.

I wasted no time, scrambling towards the twins and out of the door. "Thanks for covering for us. You didn't get detention, did you?" Fred asked. His voice was slurred and thick.

I ignored the question, more curious about the discoloration. "Why are you hiding your face under a ridiculous hat?" I tugged at the edge of the straw hat.

He lifted it slightly, and I gasped. "YOU got KICKED in the FACE by a CENTAUR?" I asked loudly in dismay.

"Shh. Not so loud." Fred hushed me. "See? This is why we don't tell you things." A horseshoe bruise was formed around his eye. The yellows and greens looked disgusting as they formed in splotched around his eye.

Grabbing Fred's hand, I dragged him towards the kitchen. "You need an ice pack. Why were you guys so reckless? If the Centaurs tell Dumbledore, you'll get another howler. Professor McGonagall has destroyed at least eight this week!" I scolded them.

I pulled Fred down the stairs and to the painting, tickling the fruit to enter. "Icepack. Now. Thanks." I said to a house elf. They scrambled to fulfill my request as I pulled out a chair. "Sit."

Fred sat on the chair, taking an icepack from the house elf and dabbing it on his face. He looked towards George who had pulled up another chair.

"You didn't already forget the first rule of the troublemaking trio, did you? If you're going to do something, don't get caught. We need to get this healed before dinner, or the whole school will know what you've been up to!" I paced in front of the fireplace, already planning our next move.

"George, we need to get the instant treatment cream from the nurse's room. Any good passages to take?" I asked, wearing a path into the rug.

"Yeah. There is one. It's dusty, hasn't been used in years, and probably has bugs. It'll be easy!" He took the ice pack from Fred for a moment, wrapping a cloth around it.

"Don't jinx it," I muttered under my breath as Fred re-claimed his ice pack. "Fred, stay here and stay unseen. We'll be back in a jiffy." I ordered and marched out of the room.

George gave Fred an "I'm sorry bro, I don't make the rules" look and followed me out of the kitchen. We walked two paces forward before tapping on a stone wall.