Sweet Like Roses

Y/n P.O.V.

"We should mustache all the portraits in Dumbledore's office," Fred whispered to me. Snape glared at us but otherwise stayed silent.

"How are we going to get in? We don't know the password." I whispered back. George leaned closer, intent on listening to the conversation.

Fred pondered for a moment before turning to George. They whispered back an forth for a few moments before nodding simultaneously. The glimmer in their eyes gave away their plan. I looked quizzically at them before rolling my eyes. Life with the twins was never dull. I glanced over at George's potion, noticing it bubbling ferociously. My potion was a smooth as stone.

"George," I started to warn him before instincts took over and I ducked under the table. Orange goop flew everywhere, his cauldron exploding violently. In place of his potion, scattered amongst the slime and debris, was a rose.

The rose was perfect, crimson leaves, a solid green stem, and in perfect symmetry. I gawked at it before George picked it up. He smiled at his mistake before handing it to me.

"A flower for my lady," He winked at me, earning a groan from Snape.

I reached out and touched the rose, immediately gasping. My fingertips brushed the smooth petals, a smile drawing from my lips as I looked at the flower.

"George, you accidentally made a candle." I looked at the debris from the explosion and hed in a giggle.

"A rose instead of the potion? A failure for the twins, and detention." Snape waved his wand and broom flew toward us. "You two must also clean my room. The rest of you may leave."

I scampered up, sweeping my book and quill into my bag. In one motion of my wand, my potion was gone and my caldron clean. I skipped out the class, ignoring the twins' glares. I skipped down the hall happily my fingers twirling the rose. I slowed before a classroom door, glancing inside. The 1st years were practicing levitating spells with McGonagall.

A light tap bopped my head. Looking up, I snatched the letter from the air. Looking around frantically, I spotted a dash of red disappearing around a corner.

"Why's it always disappearing around the corners?" I grumbled to myself, dashing towards the corner. I turned the corner, spotting a splotch of red disappearing behind a painting.

"Really? You've graduated from corners and are using hidden passages? YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY THIS TIME!" I screamed at it, charging the painting. I dashed into the secret hallway, pulling out my wand and casting an illuminating spell.

The figure looked at me, eyes shining in the darkness. A shudder raced through me as if my body was walked through by a ghost. I panted, my cheeks red and hands on my knees. "Please, I just want to talk." I gasped, looking up at the person.

"Y/n," The voice mused. It was silky smooth, thick and smoldering. I stepped toward the person, noticing their face up close. Light freckles dotted his nose, a big black one next to his left eye. His lips were dull pink, his eyelashes long. I looked closer, curiously surprised.

"Holy love of panda toes, your eyelashes are long!" I took another step forward, intrigued. I was close to him, his scent radiating off him. He smelled like... Roses?

"You wanted to talk about my eyelashes? Very well, I use coconut oil on them every morning to make them longer." He grinned at me, cute dimples forming on his cheeks. A tuft of brown hair fell into his eye as he spoke, illuminated in the dim light.

"Um, no, actually, I wanted to talk about these letters." I held up the brown envelope for emphasis, slightly flustered. Taking a step back, I breathed in deeply and steeled myself.

"I know nothing about the letters. I am simply the messenger." He bowed suddenly, a flirty smirk accompanying him. He winked as he made eye contact with me.

\

Lookin away, I took a deep breath. The twins flirted like this al the time, but this was a completely different feeling. "Um, so, who do you work for?" I asked the fatal question. I glanced at him, not quite meeting his eyes for the answers

"You." He said simply. He sucked in a sharp breath. "I mean, I give the letters to you, so technically I do the work for you? You see how that logic works, right? I technically work for you." He chucked immediately, adding to the suspiciousness.

I nodded, raising my eyebrows. "Are you a student here?" He stepped away from me, looking down the hallway.

"I'm running out of time." He muttered to himself, looking down at his wrist. "I need to leave." He turned around, sprinting down the hall. His red scarf disappeared into the darkness. I stumbled blindly after him, my wand doing little to illuinate the dark.

"Ugh! How does he disappear like that!" I growled in exasperation, throwing up my arms and grumbling under my breath. I paused, looking down the hidden passage. "And how did he know where this passage was?" With a sigh, I trudged back towards the classes. Fred and George needed my help to mustache the paintings in Dumbledore's office.