Love Potion #9

Y/n P.O.V.

"Percy has been getting on my nerves lately," Fred said in a monotone voice as he played with his food.

"Well, then let's do something about it." George countered, swishing the juice in his cup. He stared at it blankly, sighing deeply.

"People will get mad if we do anything to him. Believe it or not, he is quite popular." I said as I took a seat next to George at the Gryffindor table.

Fred and George both raised their eyebrows and laughed. "We need to change that," George said and immediately pulled out some spare parchment.

They stood up and turned to each other. It was my turn to raise my eyebrow as I watched them huddle together. I took a step forward to hear their conversation and was shocked as Fred tossed a hand over my shoulder and pulled me into the huddle. They were talking in hushed toned, and I had to strain my ears to hear what they were talking about.

"We need to ruin his reputation." George plotted.

"How?" I asked. The grip on my shoulders tightened slightly. 

"He's popular with the girls, right?" Fred asked me. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds before looking away. 

"Um, yes?" I answered unsurely. I couldn't recall he was "popular" or if the girls just wanted him to do their homework. 

"We could turn him ugly," George suggested. We looked at him with a bored glare and his face contorted into a defensive expression. 

"Or we could use a love potion," Fred whispered with enthusiasm.

"A love potion?" I asked, "Who would we use as the target of the potion?"

The twins exchanged a mischievous look before turning to me with devilish grins plastered on their faces.

"No. I absolutely will not." I told them as I attempted to back away.

George's hand on my waist kept me from moving very far away.

"Why not?" He asked me in his creepy 'I have a plan and you're going to follow it' voice.

"Because I don't want to. Make him fall in love with a cat or Dumbledore or something." I said as I tried to worm my way out of his grasp.

"Brilliant Y/n!" Fred whisper yelled. I gave him a quizzical look as I stopped trying to escape the huddle.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"We should make him fall desperately in love with a cat." George supplied.

I nodded slowly before saying, "great, now that we have that settled, can you let me go? We are in the dining hall, and people are starting to look at us funny."

The twins quickly looked up, finding the entire Gryffindor table looking at us.

"Hi," I said and awkwardly waved at them.

A few people waved back, a few others went back to eating, but most of them continued to stare at us.

"What are you looking at?" George asked as he pulled his wand out of his pocket. Gazes immediately turned away from us. 

I stopped waving awkwardly as I was hurriedly dragged away by both arms. When we emerged from the dining hall, the twins dragged me down into the dungeons through secret passageways. 

"Snape is still at dinner," Fred said. 

"We need to hurry," George finished, "You're the lookout, Y/n!" 

I stood lookout for the boys. I was supposed to sneeze if a Slytherin was coming, start wretching if a teacher came, or violently explode the dungeon hallway if Professor Snape came. 

The boys got the ingredients without trouble, and we ran toward a secret room behind a tapestry. I'm not sure how Fred and George knew the exact parts that went into the potion, but they had gathered the precise amounts of the necessary items. I dashed to my dorm and borrowed a potions book from an upperclassman. We proceeded to make the potion as planned, adding extra ingredients and stirring as necessary. 

After three failed attempts, one smelling like marshmallows, we finally got the potion correct. Not knowing how to administer it, we plotted near a window. 

"We could put it into some food and leave it in the common room for him," Fred suggested as we sat around the completed potion. 

"That wouldn't work. Anyone could eat it that way." George countered. A moment of silence passed as the two stared at nothingness while deep in thought. 

"We could force someone to give it to him," George suggested after a minute.

"Nah. That'd be too suspicious. We need to do it where we'd never be found out." Fred said. Another moment passed, and the silence thickened around us. It was late, and I was tired. 

"Maybe someone could administer it to him by mouth?" Fred asked hesitantly. 

"By who?" Geroge asked, considering the idea. 

The twins looked at each other and then me. I was about to reject their idea when they both said "no" very fiercely. The sun dipped behind the horizon, and the light went out in the room. Using their wands, the twins filled the small space with light. 

I yawned. 

"Y/n! You're amazing! That's a perfect idea!" Fred exclaimed. I stared at him blankly. I hadn't suggested anything. 

"We should give it to him in his sleep!" Fred whispered yelled excitedly. 

"How exactly did I give you this idea- wait, nevermind. Have fun doing this without me. I'm not allowed in the Gryffindor boys common room." I said as I stood up and prepared to leave. 

"No, wait. We will need you for this. We'll smuggle you in there." George said as he reached out and caught my robe. 

I rolled my eyes and agreed to help them. 

Through three house elves, nine dumplings, a pair of camouflage boxers, two drunk penguins, and a newly traumatized horse, we administered the potion. 

Unfortunately for us, the potion effects went exactly as planned. 

__________________________________________________

I wrote this to be a filler to explain the next chapter. Hold onto your horses, this is about to get extremely interesting.