Harmless part 2/2

George's P.O.V.

I tapped my fingers anxiously, waiting for Fred and Y/n. Our meetup was supposed to be 20 minutes ago. If they didn't show up soon, we'd miss our window and be unable to mustache the paintings in Dumbledore's office. 

I paused, my paintbrush halfway done on a mustache. The ink smeared and dripped down the portraits, half of them completed already. I froze as the stairwell to Dumbledore's office started to move. I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding, figuring Y/n and Fred were coming up the stairs. Placing a haughty grin on my face, I turned back to the portrait and finished the mustache. 

I glanced toward the stairwell as footsteps approached. I gasped as Dumbledore walked into the room, quickly placing the ink and quill behind me, hoping he would overlook it.

Fred was walking sheepishly behind Dumbledore, his gaze cast downwards. Dumbledore paused, looking me over, before letting his gaze travel around the rest of the room. His eyes briefly landed on one specific painting, which I had given an Italian mustache.

"I'd say he rather looks better with a mustache." Dumbledore's lips curled a little, and he shook his head. Taking several steps forward, he maneuvered his wat behind his desk. Books were scattered in piles around the room, seemingly randomly placed. He sat down in an exasperated manner, taking his gaze momentarily off us.

"Did you come up with a cover story?" I asked Fred quietly. Fred shook his head. "We'll just have to wing it."

Dumbledore looked back up at us in all seriousness. "Fred, George, I mustache you a question."

"Shave it for later." My mouth decided to speak without permission. "No disrespect, sir," I quickly tacked onto the end.

Dumbledore shook his head, rolling his eyes at us. "Your antics have never gotten anyone hurt before. Today someone had a brush with death." 

I glanced at Fred, mouthing "who."

"Y/n was severely hurt. The thestals went on a rampage today, and Y/n was pulled into the crossfire. She was knocked off a Thestral, fell from a high distance, and landed severely wrong. If she dies, the ministry will demand your expulsion. My apologies, boys." Dumbledore clasped his hands together and looked at us intently.

I put my hands up, shaking my head in disbelief. "What are Thestrals? Why didn't anyone tell me Y/n was hurt? Why are we getting blamed for something we didn't do? And why the bloody hell were you making mustache jokes with me?"

Dumbledore shrugged, leaning back in his chair. His fingers tapped out a steady rhythm on the desk. I shifted uncomfortably, scraping my foot on his floor. My heart felt heavy, my mind filled with worry. I glanced to the side at my brother; he looked scared. 

Dumbledore heaved a heavy sigh, flicking his wrist ina "shoo" motion. "Go on. You're both worried about her. I'll consider this event, and when she's healed, I want a full account of what happened. I mean the TRUTH, George, no making up stories!"

I nodded hastily, Grabbing Fred's hand as we ran down the steps.WIth our fingers intertwined together, I felt tons better. Fred was always there for me. 

The hallways never seemed so long, and Y/n never seemed so far away. I clutched my chest for a moment as a brief pain shot through it. "You feel that too, Fred?" I asked suddenly. He nodded, his hand also clutched above his heart. 

I squeezed his hand tightly as we broke into a run.

Guardian Angel's P.O.V.

I glanced at the girl on the bed. She was pale, her breathing shallow. PLacing my scarf on the corner of the bed, I glanced out the window for a moment. Clouds floated over the sun, darkness enclosing the room. 

"You have a knack for trouble, don't you, Y/n? I stepped toward her, brushing a few strands of hair away from her sleeping face. In one hand she tightly clutched a wax rose, the other gripping my letter. I stepped toward her, stopping next to the head of her bed. 

"Oh, dearie, you need to make a choice, fall in love, and have the time of your life before everything is ruined. Take my advice, stay out of trouble, and prepare yourself for the worst." I brought my fingers down her cheek gently, stopping at her chin. 

"And if you want to live longer, stay away from the twins." I leaned closer, whispering in her ear this time. She heard nothing I said, plunged into a deep slumber. Her breath paused, her skin paling further. I brought my hand up, whacking her on the nose. 

"AND FOR THE LOVE OF UNBROKEN TOILETS, STAY ALIVE Y/N!" I growled at her, stepping back as she started to breathe normally again. My fingers reached for my letter. Now that she was hurt, she didn't need the warning. I grabbed it from her, looking for a nearby candle. I placed the corner of the torch into the flame, watching with joy as it erupted into a flurry of red sparks and yellow flame. The yellow danced, flickering and twirling on the paper, fueling its amusement. 

Satisfied with the pile of ashes, I walked to the edge of her bed, picking up the red scarf where I had left it. It wasn't mine; forgetting it wouldn't be right. Placing the bright garment around my neck, I brought cheer to my otherwise dull life. 

I glanced back at Y/n one last time, before walking out the door and into the hallway. WIth a grasp at my heart, and a blink of remorse, I relinquished the body I was inhabiting. The boy stumbled forward, his golden eyes looking up at me. 

"Woah, what a rush." He gasped at me. He looked down at his watch, making a mental note of the time. "You've never inhabited my body for that long before. Are you OK?" 

I nodded, smiling slightly at him. "Sorry. Your eyes are golden again. You'll change back in 10 minutes. Let's stay out of sight until then." A shudder rippled through me. He had no idea how hard it was for me to give him back his body. The longer I stayed in it, the more I missed the feeling of human senses.  

-------------------

I always seem to surprise myself with how I can go from making mustache jokes to potential death in like no time flat. Sorry, fam.

Any guesses on your guardian angel? Any at all?