Maxwell

Y/n P.O.V.

"I know you'll win. You two are the best beaters in the school!" I patted the twins on the back as they approached their teammates. They smiled at me slightly, joining their quidditch group.

"Don't jinx us! Quick! Knock on Wood!" The twins exclaimed, turning to punch Oliver. I rolled my eyes, blowing air out of my nose.

I smiled slightly at them. "Good luck!" I cheered them on as I walked away. They walked into the changing room, needing their sports apparel and bats.

I sighed in boredom, walking around toward the bleachers. The seats would be full soon, the classes shouting at each other. I glanced upwards as a feather drifted in front of my face. Circling above me was a brown owl. It fluttered down to me, landing on my arm, a brown letter in its beak.

"Oh, hello. Another letter, huh? You're a pretty owl, you know." I spoke to the owl kindly, allowing it to nuzzle my head. For some reason, the owl seemed to like me. I paused, an idea coming to mind.

"Hey little owl, would you deliver a package to your master?" I asked it, scratching under its chin. It cooed, tilting its head in a curious gaze.

Leaning down, I picked up a branch from a tree. I lifted it to the bird, allowing it to take the package in one foot. It lifted from my shoulder with a flap of its wings, letting out a squat of appreciation.

It worked! The owl was going to take the stick to its master! The owl believed it was a package!

It dashed into the air, my keen eyes following it. It flew toward the quidditch court. Racing after it, I entered the court. The owl circled above the students, lowering towards a simple red scarf.

"Aha! I got you now!" I dashed toward the row containing the student.

His back was facing me, the owl descending towards his shoulder.He looked like a 5th year form my house. Maxwell?

He stretched out his arm, allowing the owl to land on it. I watched in anticipation. Owls were trained never to let another person take a package. If this owl permitted the boy to take the stick, he was "My Guardian Angel." He reached for the wood, tugging it gently. The owl squawked in frustration, flapping its wings.

I walked toward the boy, stepping in front of other students. I needed to talk to him. I needed to see if he had golden eyes and a dreamy voice.

"Maxwell?" I asked, a few lengths away. His head swiveled toward me, a grin on his face.

"Look! An owl! Isn't it cute!? I think it's lost!" He exclaimed, his eyes meeting mine. I nodded slowly.

"Will it let you take the stick?" I asked carefully, taking another step forward. The boy shook his head and tried again. This time, the owl lifted from his arm, screeching furiously. It beat its wings, annoying the people around us.

"Um, maybe we should leave? The bird is causing a disturbance," I suggested, my gaze locked onto the bird. It seemed intent on the boy. He nodded slowly, coaxing the bird back onto his arm.

We squeezed through the crowd of people, forcing our way toward the exit. Quidditch could wait; this mystery could not. Max darted in and out of the crowd, disappearing at moments. At the moment, I grabbed the back of his robes, following him through the group. People hurried away from the squawking bird, glaring at us as we passed.

"Do you like the color red?" I asked as we escaped into the grounds around the field. Maxwell shook his head, looking at the ground. "Nah, it was a gift from someone important to me. They wanted me to be distinguished at Hogwarts. I don't know why though. They'll be gone soon, so I'm respecting their wishes and wearing it everywhere."

I nodded, understanding. Losing a loved one was hard.

Our attention was brought back to the bird as it squawked loudly again. I reached toward it, surprised as it lifted into the air. WIth an angry flourish of its wings, it dashed toward the owlry. It had decided to deliver the package later.

I glanced sideways at Max. Now that we were alone, I was losing confidence that he was the person sending the letters. He and the boy I met looked nothing alike.

"Well, um, I'm looking for someone with a red scarf. Do you know anyone else who wears a red scarf?" I twiddled my fingers, looking towards the ground.

"Literally half the Gryffindors wear red scarves. I can't help you." He replied, looking wistfully towards the owlery. He immediately looked back towards me. "Oh, well, do you want to go back to the game? I can help you interrogate the Gryffindor students!"

"Nah, I'm not in the mood to watch the game anymore. I'll probably head back to our common room." I shrugged, taking a step away from Maxwell.

"Oooooor, we could do something fun!" He poked me. I looked at him quizzically. I barely knew him. He suddenly hit my arm, dashing away from me. "Tag! You're it!"

"Oh, you're so on!" I exclaimed, launching myself towards him. He danced away from my fingertips, laughing merrily.

Guardian ANgel's P.O.V.

"I ship it!" Dumbledore clasped his hands together, looking at the two. "But you know you can't pin him as the sender forever. SHe'll hunt you down sooner or later."

I nodded looking at the two. Max was befriending her. This was how it all started. Nothing had changed. My attempts were useless. "And when she does, it'll be her demise. There is no stopping it."

Dumbledore frowned, gazing towards the two. "I know what's going to happen. It's unfortunate I cannot prevent it. Please continue to try."