Announcement

Y/n P.O.V.

We got back to Hogwarts, having completely forgot about both letters. The ones to me... And the one to Dumbledore. It wasn't until Dumbledore stood in the dining hall, with an announcement, did we remember.

The twins exchanged scarred looks, and i suddenly became worried. I hadn't read the letter they sent. What if it said something wrong?

What if someone asked how we knew that Snape was snogging Myrtle? How could we explain the map without giving away the secret?

Dumbledore stood up during dinner and announced that he had an announcement. Pulling up a piece of parchment, he coughed several times. I glanced at the bewildered faces around us, swallowing harshly.

"Hello, Hogwarts. Last week, I received a concerning letter. I have addressed the teachers about the matter, but I also must address the student body. Please, hold your giggles until after the announcement." He held up the letter, coughed twice, and began. "This is what it says:

'Dumbledore, we are concerned about the Potions Master Snape. We have information that he has been snogging a girl named Myrtle in the first-floor bathroom. (no, we are not stalkers, we just happen to know) We would be most grateful if you would take extreme measures such as: Dismissing him from teaching, performing a spell that shoots lightning at him every time he goes near Myrtle, performing a lip-locking curse on him as he Snoggs Myrtle, so he has to suffer the humiliation, or sending him wandless into the forbidden forest at night.

Please investigate our concerns about Snape snogging Myrtle, and take the precautions you see fit. If we do not see Snape punished for breaking the Snogging rule, we will assume Snogging is no longer against the rules on Hogwart's property and proceed to snog someone.

Sincerest regards,

A witch and two wizards'." Dumbledore finished reading our letter and looked around the hall, making eye contact with a few of us. Giggles filled the room as everyone turned their attention to Snape.

Snape's eyes glared around the room, his face gaining color. The pink started at his ears, traveling to his nose. Before long, he was drinking water and hiding behind his hair to cool his embarrassment.

"SNAPE AND MYRTLE SITTING IN A TREE, K I S S I N G!" A Gryffindor student shouted.

Snape suddenly stood up. "I DID NOT SNOG MYRTLE, YOU INCOMPETENT BRATS!"

Silence filled the great hall as we stared at him. He cleared his throat and sat down again, not flustered. He played with his napkin, picking at his food, not allowing himself to make eye contact with us.

"I would like to clarify that Myrtle is a ghost. There are only a few possible ways for Snape and her to be Snogging, and none of them are easy. With this being said, all students and teachers are banned from snogging." Dumbledore finished up his speech despite the interruptions and sat down.

"Dumbledore just made the entire situation worse!" George growled low into my ear. I nodded at him, rolling my eyes.

"He never said Snape wasn't snogging Myrtle, just that it wasn't easy." Fred turned and loudly spoke. The entire table turned, giggling.

Percy snorted, his cup at his lips. We all watched in awestruck horror as the juice sprayed out of his nose. He smacked the table several times, still snorting from laughter. Knowing Percy was easily embarrassed, I decided to take the attention away from him and place it back on Snape.

"Three cheers to Snape's love life!" I raised my glass and toasted with several people. Cheers rang through the air as the longest night of Snape's life began. Speculations ran wild and storied floated thick through the air. Some of the wildest ones were the most believable, and our trio had started them all.
_____________
Hello. Here's a pic of my cat.