Harmless Part 1/2

George's P.O.V.

I dashed down the hallway with careful anticipation. My first target was a 3rd year Hufflepuff girl. She was walking alone down the hall, her red hair blazing like a lantern. I dashed up to her, my fingers playing with the roses anxiously. 

"Hey there, this rose is nothing compared to your beauty, but I wanted you to have it," I quickly spluttered, handing her a rose. I dashed onwards, ignoring her pleas for me to wait. The thorns of the other two roses dug into my alms, sweat rolling down my forehead. 

It's only part of the plan. It's only part of the plan. It's only part of the plan. 

I clutched the other two roses in my hand in anticipation. The hallways were like a maze as I sought my next victim. She was skipping down the hall, her peculiar ways clearing the area for her. My feet stumbled over themselves as I ran towards her, my momentum carrying me into her. We landed on the floor in a heap, and I quickly got to my feet, apologizing. One of the roses had fallen out of my hand and onto the ground next to her head. I bolted for the nearest exit, my ears keen on anything behind me. 

"How pretty! I think I'll keep it." The strange Ravenclaw girl marveled at the flower. I glanced behind me, catching her faint smile. 

I paused next to a classroom to catch my breath. A Slytherin 1st year opened the door and quietly walked out. He eyed me warily out fo the corner of her eye. 

"You're not in this class. What are you doing here?" He asked, his hand hovering over her wand. 

I moved on my own, my body already prepared to initiate the plan. I strolled up to her, tucking the last rose behind his ear. "Oh, just waiting for you. A fancy-ass like you needs something magnificent to brighten their day." 

"My father will hear about this!" He yanked the flower out from behind his ear, threatening me as I ran.  I grimaced, wondering how much my reputation would suffer from this endeavor. 

I ducked into a secret passage, grabbing some extra ink and a paintbrush. 

Y.N. P.O.V.

I aimlessly wandered the garden. My mission was to find anything useful. My job was to create a disruption, distract the teachers, disappear, and re-appear in Dumbledore's office to help the boys. 

My feet aimlessly kicked at the ground; my gaze turned upwards. My thoughts were sparse, like passing clouds on a sunny, blue day. Who was the boy? If he was the messenger, who was the sender? Why was he running out of time? 

I clutched the letter, quickly shoving it into my pocket. I looked down at the rose, carefully held in my other hand, and placed it in my pocket too. 

My feet grazed and bumped into something massive, almost causing me to trip.  Looking down quickly to keep my balance, I stepped over the large object and turned around to face it. It was a giant watermelon, just sitting in the grass. I gazed at it suspiciously, poking it carefully with my foot. I waited in anticipation, nerves ready for it to spring at me. 

The watermelon continued to sit there, silent as ever. I carefully kicked it this time, jumping back in case it came to life and retaliated. A nervous sweat had broken over my face as I looked at this watermelon. 

Shaking my head, I smiled to myself. What was I thinking? This was a harmless watermelon. I'd been hanging out with the twins too long. Vegetables were no longer safe after spending a few years with them.  

As if on impulse, I drew my wand, and shrunk the watermelon. Picking it up, I hastily shoved it into my pocket and continued to walk forward. Perhaps I could bribe Dumbledore with the watermelon? I kept alert for any movement from the watermelon in my pocket, my eyes scanning the edge of the forest. The melon bounced a little bit as my gaze landed on the secluded log cabin. I decided to walk there, keeping my limbs away from the pocket containing the fruit.