New Friend!?

Y/n P.O.V.

I stared at the wall in frustration. The twins were gone for break. Hogwarts gave us a week off school, allowing us to travel home. Unfortunately, I stayed at Hogwarts. 

"Hey, that's a good book. What part are you on?" Maxwell came up behind me, looking at the book in my hand. He glanced at the tears threatening to fall from the corners of my eyes. 

"Oh, You're at that part in the story. Did he just? Oh no. I'm sorry," The boy sat on the couch next to me, pulling me into a swift side-hug. He reached over and gently placed my bookmark on the page. Closing my book, he grinned at me. 

"After a character death like that, you need some cheering up!" His smile was broad and full. His brown hair fell slightly into his dark chocolate eyes, a brooding mystery. 

"I know! How about some butterbeer? That'll cheer you up, right? I've got a bottle up in my dorm for emergencies!" He popped up from the couch, stretching. 

"This isn't an emergency. They're not real people or real deaths," I looked mournfully at the book. 

"No, they're absolutely real! For a time, anyway. They're real when you read them, and they linger in your mind afterward! They're absolutely real." The boy shook his head, still smiling at me. He bounded away towards the boy's dorm. 

I shook my head at him, looking at the book. He was right, I needed to take a break. A mere moment passed, a huge thump coming from his direction. "I'm OK!" He shouted as several more thunps and shatters exploded from the dorm. Heavy footsteps alerted me to his return. His breathing was hard, and his smile was goofy. 

"Did you get the butterbeer? And what was all that noise?" I asked in dismay. 

"Yep! Butterbeer is worth the exercise, and the crashed, and breaking a few things." He popped the top off the bottle and reached into his pocket. Taking out two small stones, he pulled out his wand. The two small stones in his hands magically turned into magnificent drinking goblets. He poured the butterbeer generously into the two cups, the foam threatening to spill over the edge. 

"Quick! Lick the edge before it spills over," He handed me the goblet before pouring his own. 

I sipped at it gently, eyeing the boy. We only played tag once. Why was he being so friendly?

"Here's to dead characters! May they live in our memories forever!" He raised his glass in a toast. I raised my glass to meet his and they clinked together. What was I thinking? The letters form my guardian angel were making me paranoid. 

He took a generous swig of his butterbeer, pulling away from the cup with a Dumbledore worthy mustache and beard. I took a generous swig of my own butterbeer, gaining my own mustache. 

"I must say, you look fabulous with a mustache," He grinned at me. 

"It's the most delicious mustache I've ever had," I licked the foam from around my mouth. "But your beard is spectacular."

He set his cup on the floor, standing up with his wand drawn. "I am DUmbeldore, king of the beards. All hail my facial hair!" He bellowed. The few students in the common room looked at him, startled. 

I started giggling, shaking my head. "You're crazy Maxwell!" 

"DId you not hear? I am Dumbledore! King of the beards, not this peasant Maxwell of whom you speak! Bow down peasant, bow down before your king," He placed his hands on his hips and puffed his chest out. 

Rolling my eyes, I set down my goblet and walked towards him. I bowed in front of him, giggling slightly. 

"Ah, yes, show respect to your king- oof!"He bellowed again. Giggling, I lost my balance and fell into him, our combined weight toppling us over.