Dorm Trouble

Look at my cat at the top pic.

"You know, the rule is that all students have to be in bed, but it never says anything about where your bed has to be." Fred closed his book and stared at the stairs leading to the room.

George grinned. "We could totally levitate our beds down the stairs and out the common room. We'd technically be in bed, so it'd be hard to get in trouble."

"Where would we go, though? The kitchen?" Fred asked.

George sighed and gave Fred a hand up off the common room chair. "Dungeons? We've been to the kitchen a lot lately. "

Fred's red hair bounced as he nodded his head. "Let's grab Y/n."

Y/n P.O.V.

I stared intently at the wall of the first year's girl's dorms. Posters of random celebrity boys dotted the walls. I refused to look at the bothersome twins who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yanking my night shirt down, I glared at the boys who at least had the decency to look away.

"You better have a great explanation as to why you're levitating on beds in the girl's dorm at 11:00 at night." I spat, my face red with embarrassment.

Fred placed and hand in the back of his neck and rubbed it nervously.

"We'll explain outside... we don't want to wake anyone up. We thought you might need help levitating your bed." George whispered.

I rolled my eyes and climbed in too of my bed. Fred flicked and swished his wand and whispered the levitating spell. My bed rose from the floor and I giggled despite being angry.

My bed floated down the stairs, the boys following closely behind.

The common room was deserted and the boys checked the map for teachers. Exiting the (house) common room, we made our way down the dark halls.

"Shitalkimishrooms" George suddenly whispered. I looked at him in confusion before a loud voice rang out down the hall.

"What do you think you're doing???" Professor McGonagall's voice echoed down the narrow corridor.

"Quick, pretend to be asleep," George whispered and slipped under the covers of his bed. I quickly did the same, pulling the covers over my head.

"I'll repeat my question. What are you doing?" I felt a hand touch my leg and I tried not to breathe. Peeking out of the covers, I saw Fred nervously twisting his fingers.

"What is the rule about this? I know you know it by now." She asked.

"The rules are that we can't be out of bed after a certain time... and we aren't technically out of bed." George popped up out of his blankets with a grin.

Professor signed. She waved her wand and our beds began to move back to our houses.

"I have no argument and am too tired to care. Get back to bed- I mean your dorms, and I'll let it slip this time. I'll have to get Dumbledore to change the rule because if you three." She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

George winked at me and grinned.

----------------------------

A short story based on a prompt I found on Tumblr. :)