Chapter Five: In the Marketplace

Почніть із самого початку

Many gazed on in wonder and desire, but left because the price tag was simple too large.

"If a Bronze Rank armor, by itself, costs sixty thousand demon-spirit coins, then aren't Silver and Gold Rank armors more expensive?" Lu Piao muttered in disappointment and disbelief. His allowance was about five hundred demon-spirit coins, which is considered well off. Nie Tai remembered that, in her previous life, Lu Piao would often help her brother and Du Ze. A Bronze Rank armor, however, is extremely far from his price range.

"What are you two planning?" Lu Piao asked as the twins looked around the marketplace; anything could be found here: expensive, cheap, armor, herbs. Before Nie Li could answer, a figure went up to the merchant that was showcasing the armor.

"It's Shen Chu!" Lu Piao grumbled and glared at the boy's location, "Ye Ziyun is also over there."

Nie Li instantly looked in the directly that Lu Piao was grumbling at. His attention was captured by Ye Ziyun, who was currently chatting happily with a few other girls from the class. Shen Chue snuck glances towards Ye Ziyun and walked up to the merchant.

In a snobbish voice, Chue Chue said, "Very good, I'm lacking gauntlets of the Bronze Rank. Wrap this up for me."

"YES, YOUNG MASTER!" the merchant shouted as he quickly got the gauntlets ready for Shen Chue.

"Here's sixty thousand demon-spirit coins." Shen Chue took out six demon-crystal cards: one demon-crystal card represents ten thousand demon-spirit coins. He took the gauntlets with an arrogant and bored expression. He made sixty thousand demon-spirit coins look like pocket-change! Shen Chue then glared at the twins' group. His eyes resting on Nie Tai for a sliver longer than they should have.

Several girls around him exclaimed quietly. They couldn't believe the wealth the boy had. Many of them tried to flirt but Shen Chue ignored them. He tore his gaze from Nie Tai and looked at Ye Ziyun.

"This is a silver bullet attack! This is despicable!" Lu Piao growled.

(A/N: I thought this was funny in the light novel and manga, so I added it XD.)

Du Ze was almost shaking with anger when he said, "Easily throwing out sixty thousand demon-spirit coins, and having an interspatial ring? How can you, Nie Li, compete against him?" Du Ze looked hopeless. It looked like he noticed that When Chuy's gaze lingered on Nie Tai.

"Hehe. Ye Ziyun doesn't care about money." Nie Li said. His gaze landed on Ye Ziyun, who ignored Shen Chue. Ye Ziyun was looking at Xiao Ning'er, who stood emotionlessly in the background.

Xiao Ninger wore a cold expression and kept everyone at arm's length.

"Ye Ziyun, I know that you want friendship right now. You'd always try to become friends with Xiao Ning'er, but your identities caused a chasm to split."

Shen Chue was extremely disappointed when he processed Nie Tai's and Ye Ziyun's expressions: they had completely ignored him! He stalked off.

"Fine, Ye Ziyun doesn't have an interest in the rich. What if she likes females? Then your game is over before it began." Lu Piao teased Nie Li.

Nie Tai shook her head as Nie Li laughed. In the past life, they both knew that Nie Li was Ye Ziyun's love, her only man.

"Okay! Enough playing around! It's time to begin the plan." Nie Li proclaimed seriously. His mood infected the others and they too turned serious.

"Lu Piao, go buy three crossbows and five hundred crossbow bolts. Nie Tai is good at haggling, but a crossbow costs 110 demon-spirit coins each while the bolts cost thrity each. Take no more than that and don't get cheated by hawkers.

"R-Right!" Lu Piao said. He was somewhat curious. He wondered how Nie Li knew the prices and how Nie Tai was good at haggling. He dropped the subject when Nie Tai started walking away. He asked, "Hey, what are they going to do?"

Nie Tai replied with confidence, "They are going to buy Black Pool Grass: it has a paralysis effect that is greatly enhanced when fused with Zoysia Grass."

Lu Piao was stunned. He inquired further, "How strong is the effect and what are we going to be using it on?"

Nie Tai smirked, "It doesn't have much of an effect on common demon beasts, but do you know that the Horned Sheep never eat Zoysia Grass?"

Lu Piao was amazed. He paused and asked another question, "Are an alchemist?"

"Hmm, I suppose you could call me one." she replied.

An alchemist is those who use herbs to refine elixirs or those that prescribe medicines. Nie Tai traveled all over the world and gained knowledge of many things. Those is Glory City cannot be called real alchemists when compared to those living in the Toxic Forest. They were simply frogs in a well.

"Anyway, there's someone selling the items we need." Nie Tai pointed out an old man with a dark grey beard. Nie Tai smiled politely and asked, "Excuse me, sir, would you mind telling me the prices of the crossbow and bolts you have here." She gestured towards the merchandise on the table before her. Lu Piao watched on in amazement at her change of attitude.

This must be why Nie Li said that she was good at haggling! She plays with people! Lu Piao could only gaze on in horror and delight as she expertly dealt with the unknowing old man.

Hello! Thank you for reading! Please, tell me what you think! HAVE A NICE DAY!😉