Chapter 30

Boruto charges to Miyuki and she jumps to the other side. Boruto throws shurikens. Miyuki summons some shurikens then she deflects the shurikens.

"And now.... Be ready. I think you'll be cut off"

"Huh?"

Miyuki spins herself together with her scroll and many weapons came out. Boruto tries to dodge it and then a weapon hits him at his left side arm.

"Aw.."

"Sorry, if it hurts. But it's part of the exam and also in reality"

"Damn it! It doesn't hurt, you know!" Boruto said and he makes shadow clones. Two of them charges to her and Miyuki uses the scroll. The two clones poofs and Miyuki is out of weapons.

"I'm gonna finish this in one big sweep!"

"Not bad he used his clones as a diversion"

"This is my lethal... Boruto Stream!" Boruto charges to Miyuki with electrocuted kunais. Miyuki lay his back down then he poofs and Miyuki smirks. Boruto appears in the ground then gets the bell.

"It's mine!" then Miyuki do the substitution jutsu. Boruto looks inside his hand and he had a leaf. Miyuki show up.

"I'm so impressed with you, Boruto. You almost got the bell. But I think this is the end of the line for you..." Miyuki said and she snaps her finger. Miyuki's clones comes down and Boruto is being pinned down. Then Kakashi goes down.

"Now you're pinned down by her. You didn't expect this, right?" Kakashi asked.

"Do you want be to tell you how to get out in this situation? You have to break you're own arm... It's probably impossible for  someone who doesn't have the motivation for a ninja"

"Motivation? What's that supposed to mean?" Boruto asked.

"Motivation is well... Having resolve. Whether it's for money, for praise or for the sake of you parents. It doesn't matter. But without it you'll can't change"

"Even I have... Aw!"

"Sorry.." Miyuki's clones said.

"You'll become a ninja with everyone and then figure out something to do. Was that right? You call that resolve? Then what about right now, you still haven't figure it out?"

"Huh?"

"Would you be able to trample over them to become a ninja just yourself?. It's hard to answer a question like that, isn't it? But things like that often happen. And that'ts when what ultimately sustains a ninja is born. Resolve comes from motivation. Sure you're willing and you have the talent. But that's just not enough. And that's even more if you don't have resolve"

"Tsk. How would you know anything about me?"

"I know plenty. I got a good look at you up close" Kakashi changes his face and Boruto is shocked.

"You're..."

"I just took a page from your book and pranked you. I passed Miyumi because she already knows the answer to my test. So she doesn't need this test and her skills are way too high. Anyway, these year's Academy students are horrible"

"What?"

"There are ones among you who knows more or less have even resolve but even so they underestimate what a ninja is. It must be your influence on them. The severity of being a ninja. The unfairness that awaits. You haven't even begun to imagine it. I just can't acknowledge this group as a ninja. Because if you get into a real battle you'll be all slaughtered. I'll ask you again... Can you break you your own arm just so that you can find the reason to become a ninja? I guess no one passes this year. There's no any of you. To return to the Academy. Find another path. Just think of it as part of the severity on becoming a ninja"