Epilogue: Chapter 53

Start from the beginning

“How many more clients do you have today?” He asked when I wrapped up his forearm.

“You were the only one today. It was supposed to be my day off but I made an exception for you.” I smirked a little, watching him clasp his chest with both his hands.

“Aw Bella, you didn’t have to.” He said sweetly.

“You begged the whole of yesterday…I did have to.” I eyed him and he laughed.

“Sorry.” He apologized innocently. “I’ll take you out for some ice-cream as an apology.” His grin was cheesy. The look on his face wouldn’t allow me to decline the offer, and free ice-cream? How could I say no?

“Lead the way, Ashby.”

**************

Bella’s Pov:

Alan and I had talked for hours down at Santa Monica pier. We talked about everything and anything that was in our thoughts; we just let everything out, both good and bad. That’s one of the many reasons why I loved Alan. Sometimes you can’t just take advice from the same gender constantly, you need a little bit of both, and Alan was the person who was always there for that. We talked for so long that the day had reached dawn, sprinkling down with darkness.

I pulled up into the driveway, noticing Austin’s car was already here. Well, this is it; confrontation, like Alan had told me. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door, walking in to the already-warm house and dumped my belongings onto the table. “Austin?” I yelled out, hoping to hear a welcoming ‘hello’, but as I expected, there was no response.

I sighed and walked upstairs to the bedroom, slouching my way upstairs. “Up here!” I heard him yell out. A confused expression plastered my face, wondering where on earth he could be.

“Where are you?” I searched around the rooms upstairs, not until a door swung open.

“Here.” He smiled warmly. “Come up.” He jogged up the stairs that led to the roof. I shrugged my shoulders and followed right behind him.

When I reached the top the first thing I noticed was the incredible view, observing the bright streets of Los Angeles. “What are we doing up here?” I asked, my sight still directed at the view; I couldn’t believe how amazing it looked.

“Felt like eating dinner here.” He shrugged and patted down to the spot next to him. When I looked down I realised he had set up a picnic-like area, having a blanket on the floor with a bag full of food.

I walked over slowly and sat in the spot directly next to him. “I hardly come up here so I thought we should have spent this night out.” His sight never once looked at me.

I chuckled quietly. “I didn’t even know you had a roof that was accessible.” He kept pulling out containers of food. “It’s nice up here though. I love the view.” I saw a small smile play at his lips from the corner of my eyes.

“Thought you would.” He looked up at me and handed me a container full of take-away food. “Here.” He smiled.

I took it out of his hand cautiously, wondering why he was acting like this. I mean this morning he made it clear that he was annoyed with something or someone and now he’s a hopeless romantic. “Thanks…” I set it onto my lap, both of us digging into the hot, steamy food.

It was quiet, too quiet. The only noise that was audible was the sounds of cars driving by and the sounds of people talking. “How was studio today?” This was the one question I would constantly ask him for the past two weeks seeing that he spent most of his days there, it was the only thing we could practically talk about.